1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria Vs. StarBound (Poll/Argument)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Slice Of Cake, Dec 7, 2013.

?

TERRARIA VS. STARBOUND!

1. Terraria

29.2%
  2. Starbound

83.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jarfox

jarfox Void-Bound Voyager

If you post a poll based on a game on the game's official site you'll receive bias votes.

Ice_kitten and Serenity like this.
  2. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

NO WHY DID YOU BRING THIS BACK OH THE HUMANITY :chrono:

Serenity likes this.
  3. jarfox

jarfox Void-Bound Voyager

Sorry. I just saw it and decided to voice my opinion. How apathetic of me.

4. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I will stick with my opinion that we should not be comparing a unreleased game to a fully released plus patched up game, as many have said before. I agree with you as you can see alot of people see their will be bias
    That's odd

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    DotBeta, Akado, M C and 4 others like this.
  5. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

At this current state I'd say that Terraria is superior, but...Who makes a poll on a Finished game vs a game that is barely in beta? :/

6. Snowisle

Snowisle Phantasmal Quasar

That was what I was thinking, Terraria is obviously the superior game right now. It has had several updates and is very polished. Starbound is still in development phase.

If SB grow how I expect to I don't think it'll outclass Terraria, but you never know.

nofo and MrHiggle like this.
  7. lonelyhornet

lonelyhornet Title Not Found

This is the most biased poll ever. And you can't compare these two games, one is in Beta and one is finished. It's like comparing a half finished cake to a fully finished cake, when both are very different flavours with very different toppings.

8. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

Completely agree with you.

9. KyPTeD

KyPTeD Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe at the current state we can't say that starbound is superior than terraria, but with all the suff that Chucklefish is going to put in the next update and future updates (before even the beta finishes) I think Starbound will be WAY MORE superior than Terraria, because, mainly the features that it has, the different ways that you can play, and most importantly the re-playability, because, at least for me, once you finish terraria, you're like: Been there, done that.

So.. Ya

-KyPTeD

10. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

I definitely have the feeling of "been there, done that" with terraria now. However, I don't see a reason as to why Starbound would be any different. Hopefully it proves me wrong.

11. Serenity

For me the character fluidity alone makes it more replayble for me, I can't seem to go back to terreria because of the character design and having to jump over pixel high dirt.

12. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

What do you mean by character fluidity?

Oh and you don't need to jump over pixel high dirt anymore. Since a couple of months if i'm not mistaken.

13. Starbug

Starbug Guest

As of the stable build the game is pretty derivative of Terraria. I hope that all the good things in dev blogs will be added to stable soon.

There are some things in starbound that are already an improvement on Terraria. Flashlights for one thing.

Some people say not to compare the two, but it is inevitable.

Serenity likes this.
  14. Serenity

Move better

Starbug likes this.
  15. Tiev

Tiev Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh, wow. I prefer Terraria's movement and combat feel, to be honest. I like Starbound's idea of what it can become in the future(what with building rentals, farming progression, quests and a spaceship) but combat feels much more fun in Terraria to me right now.

16. Just05010

Just05010 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This is a very hard argument. When you get down to it, they're both basically equal. Terraria has unique things that you'll like and Starbound has unique things that you'll like. And it's very hard to pick from one of the two.

Tamorr and Serenity like this.
  17. [Yellow]

[Yellow] Phantasmal Quasar

I think this is pretty pointless. At the end, it just comes down to personal preference.
    It's like comparing LoL to Dota2. They're both really similar but it will always come down to preference.
    Besides, Starbound is still in Beta.

Serenity likes this.
  18. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

Terraria, traps that don't need manual reloading, need for ground base, need to explore multiple worlds (Because no 3d printer), need for boss areas, End game monster waves, unique monster and boss drops, accessories, weapon gambling, 4-5 type paths, different biomes have uses, special events like solar eclipse, better npcs, multi segmented bosses, Worlds change over time with or without player interaction. Special little touches like slaying npcs to summon the wall of flesh. Just over all much more impressive bosses that are more out of the box (Wall of flesh, destroyer, plantera, ect), different types of bullets like party bullets. And item combining.

Starbound, better music sometimes, better art at times, no hammer, item descriptions through ?

Starbug likes this.
  19. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

A big point for me that makes Starbound better is the swinging/digging animations. Terraria's just seems... bad.

Serenity likes this.
  20. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Yes, the art is Starbound is better. So is the music.

KyPTeD and MysticMalevolence like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.