1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Teir 3 Progressing Question: Are Platinum & Titanium Ores being generated (besides in chests)?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DrinkyBird, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eonwulf

Eonwulf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't even begin to imagine how far back you went in the general discussion forum to dig up this thread. Pay attention to last post date from now on please so we don't get more necromancy.

2. vrenth

vrenth Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wrong, titanium is a higher tier ore. Platinum is a tier 1 ore, between gold and diamond. It spawns on level 1 planets, it is just more rare than diamond on some worlds. Alot of accountability can likely be held to the face that it looks VERY similar to silver ore, except its more "white".

3. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

There have been many many updates since that person posted. Pay attention, silly!

4. darkhellfire

darkhellfire Space Hobo

you are right go to gamma pi pup 727 I i found a lot

Attached Files:

5. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

Guys, this entire thread subject is defunct. In earlier versions of the game it was extremely difficult to obtain enough Platinum to build up a set of Platinum Armor, you'd have to visit level 31+ planets to get any meaningful amount. Platinum is now fairly well distributed.

6. DauntlessDS

DauntlessDS Void-Bound Voyager

LOL sorry guys, it's funny that it was the first post that appeared when I did a google search sooooo.
    [​IMG]

7. dallas112

dallas112 Void-Bound Voyager

8. Vhax

Vhax Astral Cartographer

Platinum can be found on tier 1 planets, I've found enough to make a platinum pickaxe at the start of tier 2. I think it was tier 2 I had the pickaxe, could have been as early as tier 1. I've found diamond as well on tier 1 planets.

I think a few things factor in, and luck is the biggest. I've also found the platinum next to or even mixed into silver ore deposits, as well as by themselves. When I say I dug deep, think hellavator deep. Not at the core, because I've yet to dig that deep on any planet, but deep enough where it can take up to 5 minutes for me to get out of the shaft I dug. A lot of times when I dig a deep mine shaft, I break into huge caverns. I always explore these and find all kinds of ore, sometimes huge veins of stuff all clumped together. Platinum is certainly one that do that, but it's not going to be as populated on a planet like copper, iron, silver and gold will be. I think before I left my starter world I have 15 refined diamonds in my stash. It may have been more, and that was just 1 hellavator mine shaft. I've thought about branching off from it, or even making more just to take every resource I can before moving to the next planet in the system.

I think luck has a lot to do with it, because you could get a planet that just sucks for platinum and diamond.

As for tier 3 planets, yes I've found both platinum and titanium on those planets. Again, I think it's luck in the draw of the planet you land at. Run the surface, you should get both pretty easily, and if not dig a hellavator mine shaft and I'm positive you'll run into it.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Sounds like this thread is a bit redundant now, so I might lock to avoid confusion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.