1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Teir 3 Progressing Question: Are Platinum & Titanium Ores being generated (besides in chests)?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DrinkyBird, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCoolest2

TheCoolest2 Space Spelunker

Titanium right to the spawn, tiny walk
    x-54709416
    y-29455384
    Gamma Pi Majoris I

2. KittyCatMan

KittyCatMan Void-Bound Voyager

every world is completely random no 2 people will have the exact same world

3. xPiKa PanDa

xPiKa PanDa Space Hobo

Spent AGES on a lvl 20 planet looking for some titanium.
    Then I switched to a lvl 30 and titanium had practically taken over iron.

4. skannerz22

skannerz22 Big Damn Hero

so basicaly.. to get titanium to make level 25 fucking armour

you need to go to level 30-40 zones which is illogical

SuperScope004 likes this.
  5. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Titanium spawns (I got 1000 ore in ~30 minutes) in level 20-30 planets in the 3rd sector, deeper down the better.
    Platinum spawns (I got about 300 ore in ~30 minutes) in level 30-40 planets in the 4th sector, deeper down the better.

Sadly Platinum does not spawn (as intended) in 20-30 planets, making the armor virtually impossible to get. You need to cheese the boss, and get to the 4th sector in order to make it. However, it's easier to craft Durasteel Armor in Tier 4 which is better than anything else you can make at that time. There is no real, legit, progression path currently. There is also no armor capable of withstanding attacks from level 30+ monsters. When you are given armor, it is always much much weaker than what you need to progress.

Hopefully this upcoming patch will fix all this.

Sigh. How are people still claiming this, did you not follow the game at all?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    SuperScope004 likes this.
  6. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Progression is completely broken on the later parts of the game.
    But hey that's why it's the first stage of a beta right now.

I would expect the ores to be easier to get once the difficulty system is adjusted in the next patch.

7. lesstea

lesstea Big Damn Hero

To me it almost feels like the 3rd and 4th sector got "swapped".
    Platinum is everywhere in sector 4 (lv 40) but not sector 3 (lv 30), however titanium is not in sector 4 (lv 40) where the crafting recipes require a lot of them...
    Maybe it's just my luck...

Still waiting for the patch, getting one-shotted by everything is not fun, so is exploiting the game.
    Can't wait for the game to become even more awesome tho!

8. Elrinth

Elrinth Lucky Number 13

I've found Uranium and Titanium but never Platinum ore.
    I've got the Steel armour set :D so any monster insta kills me, even in BETA sector planets there's many monsters who instakill me :)
    Problem is, in order to make Titanium armour I need Platinum armour. But I haven't found any platinum, haha :)
    It seems the platinum needs to be on earlier planets.

My way to progress have been building in enemies, then attacking them :)

9. WilliamWallace

WilliamWallace Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm stuck on tier 3. I can't find any platinum aside from chests.

10. Sinsults

Sinsults Space Hobo

I love how everyone is asking for coordinates when star maps are random.
    Someone may find a planet in their game that doesn't exist in another person's play file.
    In fact, this is pretty much always the case.

11. Sinsults

Sinsults Space Hobo

They're claiming that because it is true.
    Just ask anyone to give you co-ordinates from a planet they have visited.
    You will either find a different planet there or empty space.
    The enemies are all random too, you could watch 20 people play for 100 hours and not see the same monsters as in your game.
    This is one of the selling points of the game, the randomization.

12. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Actually the universe is mostly the same for everyone.

The coordinates are world generation seeds, much like in Minecraft.

13. Sinsults

Sinsults Space Hobo

Prove it.
    I've seen several people just in this thread give co-ordinates and the other people tell them there is empty space at that co-ordinate.

14. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Again, simply not true. I've used cords from other people at least 2 dozen times with no issues. The cords you are using are incorrect, or you aren't using them correctly. I've farmed many dungeons and other things by using multiple cords found on http://starboundcoords.cu.cc/

Cords point to a galaxy, dead center of your star map is the correct galaxy. You click on that, then you need to find the correct cluster of planets (easy because it's either, I, II, III, etc and that's in the planet name). Then the a, b, c, etc at the end of the planet name says which planet it is in that cluster. That's why it's important to include the full planet name. After you figure out how to use cords, it's very simple and only takes a few seconds to find the correct planet.

Sharing cords is an advertised feature of the game that has been talked about many, many, times during development.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    GreenCat77 and Sinsults like this.
  15. Cynical Tree

Cynical Tree Poptop Tamer

Co-ordinates as long as they correct will lead to similar planets.
    Structured things like Tech Chests, Buildings, Villagers, biomes, chests, etc will be the same.
    Stuff like Ore Generation may be completely different.

LastDay and Sinsults like this.
  16. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Okay sure, gimme a sec. Trying this one:

Hmm, his coordinates are a tad off, they are on a different planet on the same system.
    I found it anyway.

I'm guessing that people just aren't typing the "-".
    Whether the coordinate is minus or not obviously makes a huge difference.

umbria majoris.png

Edit: doesn't seem like forums are showing uploaded images correctly. I suppose I have to upload it somewhere else.

Here you go.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z300i0&s=5#.UqURKm-GpBA

Sinsults likes this.
  17. Sinsults

Sinsults Space Hobo

Then I stand corrected.

LastDay likes this.
  18. Wizard1994

Wizard1994 Orbital Explorer

Yeah I am finding so much Titanium but no Platinum at all.... at least I know now that it's not just me ^_^

19. Fusioneko

Fusioneko Phantasmal Quasar

20. DauntlessDS

DauntlessDS Void-Bound Voyager

I found LOTS of platinum on this one jungle planet I think. I dug down until I got to flesh blocks and bone blocks and had to keep a campfire with me because it got cold quickly the deeper I was going. It had to be a level 3 planet because I haven't gone any farther. Seriously check it out, maybe there's something there in the beta sector. I can't find titanium though. It's strange...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.