1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Tech Research Station v1.0

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by EvilEngineer, Dec 10, 2013.

1. EvilEngineer

EvilEngineer Starship Captain

Download Link:
    http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/61/?

Description:
    Research Work Station is a standalone mod designed to allow players access to the blueprints for each of the techs that the game currently has to offer. As well as a framework with which to work with to add new custom techs.

Pre-reqs:
    This is a tier 1 item with a default blueprint for the item "tech bench" in the crafting table.

Cost:
    30 x iron bars
    10 x silver bars
    1000 x Pixels

Installation:
    download the .rar file and extract it to your mods folder at the base of your Starbound directory.
    ex: /Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/mods

Then open your bootstrap.config for your OS.
    EX: /Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/win32/boostrap.config
    Then append the line:
    "../mods/techbench"
    with quotes underneath
    "../assets",

The file should look like this once you are done.
    {
    "assetSources" : [
    "../assets",
    "../mods/techbench",
    ],
    "storageDirectory" : ".."
    }

Things to add / fix:
    1. Text for the techs are showing up funny in the crafting window.
    2. Personalize the crafting window more.
    3. Add tiers of techs.

starbound 2013-12-09 21-26-08-19.jpg starbound 2013-12-09 21-26-17-92.jpg starbound 2013-12-09 21-26-27-82.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
    yk999 likes this.
  2. Xetaxheb

Xetaxheb Big Damn Hero

This is a great idea and I prefer it to the ones that just unlock stuff or combine them for free.
    You have however included in the zip currently, all of the images from all of the crafting stations.
    (\techbench\interface\crafting\)

3. Xuhybrid

Xuhybrid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, i like the idea of this mod.

4. EvilEngineer

Yeah, the framework for crafting menus is a bit wonky. The reuse dozens of icons and pngs for the different menus. I had bad luck leaving some out, so I just threw in the whole folder. I'll have to try and remove some files individually and see what doesn't break it.

5. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Can't get Nexus to give me the mod, can you please add an alternative download please?

6. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I get lots of errors in the log with this mod. They are all like "No such item 'bubbleboost-chip", "No such item 'butterflyboost-chip'", "No such item 'cameramanboost-chip" etc.

7. EvilEngineer

Yup the -chip isn't a recognized item name in the normal sense. However for what ever reason the -chip extension on the end is the only thing that turns the item name into something useable in the crafting station. Trust me... it was a pain in the butt trying to figure that out...

8. yk999

So the mod works properly despite the errors?

9. EvilEngineer

Yup.

10. yk999

Okay, i'll give it a try again.

11. yk999

I confirm that this mod works properly despite the .log errors. Don't hesitate to download it.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  12. runtaylor

runtaylor Intergalactic Tourist

the mod installed fine but the item wont show up in the bench for me

13. Krayg1

Krayg1 Space Hobo

Hi all, having some trouble with this mod, mainly the bootstrap file. When i edited it and tried to run the game it came up with errors. My bootstrap file looked identical to the one that says "it should look like this..", so i cant figure it out

14. Krayg1

Krayg1 Space Hobo

i'd like to point out i have 0 experience in code but i'm usually good at figuring out stuff like this. i followed the instructions but it just wont work

15. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

I figured it out, but then i had to cheat the table into my inventory. When i tired to use it, the game crashed.
    THIS MOD DOES NOT WORK CURRENTLY!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  16. EvilEngineer

They've changed the way the bootstrap file works in Offended Koala. Going to have to fix my mods, sorry for the problems.

17. Fox.inc

Fox.inc Space Spelunker

any news about this mod?

18. juskom95

juskom95 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I created my own .modinfo file for this and a few other mods and it works without a hitch.

19. EvilEngineer

The link in the Mod section of this site, and the download over at Nexus should both work.