Digital Tales of Vile Masters - Andre Kent

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Andre Kent, Apr 16, 2013.

1. HEY! This is pretty much a Fan-concept for vilain characters! Different from my other thread, I won't be taking requests here. I'm presenting ideas I have as I go, but feel free to discuss the character. We can give'em some depth if anyone has some cool ideas :D

Again: This thread will be exclusively focusing VILAINS.

Getting started, shall we ? :D

:paper: Vilkas Skarcey, the brand collector

Vilkas is relentless. It's yet unknown the reasons that led him to become the most fearsome Novakid there was. It's said he carried brands of dead Novakids in his belt and challenged sherifs of every settlement he passed by. If the sherif rejected the duel or didn't show up, he'd kill every single Novakid in the town one by one, until the Sherif threw his chest for the sake of his people. Childre, women. He has special distaste to mercenaries and prostitutes. He has a misterious necklace around his neck.​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Concept: His thorngun embues the weapon projectile in flames, securing that it would thorn the superficial membrane of the Novakid and set it on fire.

His "Misterious necklace" is actually his wife's brand. She was killed because when he was a bounty hunter he messed with a sherif who ruled the biggest industrial pole of his planet and whose son was a wanted devious contrabandist, protected by his father's political power. Once he executed his son (without knowing) and claimed for reward to his very father, the Sherif took the liberty to put his and his entire family into bounty without him knowing. He lost an arm the first time they attempted to kill him. Having survived, he found that his wife and daughter were dead. He then seeks vengeance against every authority figure of every city he goes by (that's why he only challenges sherifs) and kills the townspeople because he can't be sure who's important to him. He'd rather have died than to have lost his family. That's the choice he gives them.

2. CalamityQuote

CalamityQuote Phantasmal Quasar

This looks awesome. I love the idea of him carrying the brands of the Novakids that he killed. I'd love to see this guy in the game. As for ideas, maybe he could have a hatred for all Novakids, and is determined to kill his entire race? Also, is are those glasses on his face actual glasses, or is it just his brand?

Jedesis, Saint and Andre Kent like this.
  3. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

That guy is a complete arsehole. I love him. The thing I like the most is him carrying around trophies of past victims, kinda reminds me of the Predator from the Predator movies.

4. He's distasteful to pretty much anything. The lore mentions in a sutile way that Novakids behave pretty much like western-age humans. Vilkas hates pretty much everything that's not "right". Physical pleasure, swearing, laughing loudly, vandalism, lazy people. He pretty much hates all novakids in one way or another.~ His will to destroy his entire race is solely predicted on the fact that they do not seek improvement. But hey, he's a vilain, he doesn't really need a "GOOD" reason after all.

Jedesis and Saint like this.
  5. Roxie Stables

Eh, I don't necessarily agree with that. You do not know how much more sexy appealing it is when a villain has some sort of actions behind what he does. Sure there will be some villains that are just plain mad but those don't usually end up my favorites. The ones that do or either ones that everyone hates or ones that have some well-thought out reasoning behind them. Take the master from Doctor Who, the reason he does everything he does is because he loves the Doctor and wants attention throughout his entire life he has been trying to figure out this drumbeat pattern in his head. He thinks by hurting others he will be able to stop the four beat pattern but it never goes away. Eh, I guess you can just call that mad, but I like the reasoning and I'm probably biased towards him.

6. I didn't wanted to spoil him so easily~ His "Misterious necklace" is actually his wife's brand. She was killed because when he was a bounty hunter he messed with a sherif who ruled the biggest industrial pole of his planet and whose son was a wanted devious contrabandist, protected by his father's political power. Once he executed his son (without knowing) and claimed for reward to his very father, the Sherif took the liberty to put his and his entire family into bounty without him knowing. He lost an arm the first time they attempted to kill him. Having survived, he found that his wife and daughter were dead. He then seeks vengeance against every authority figure of every city he goes by (that's why he only challenges sherifs) and kills the townspeople because he can't be sure who's important to him. He'd rather have died than to have lost his family. That's the choise he gives them. but again, if I explain his motives no one will think of him as a vilain! HE'S VILANIOUS! D:<< :love:

Saint, AstroBlast, Aer_ and 2 others like this.
  7. A Vagrant

A Vagrant Cosmic Narwhal

I just like how he has a beard.

I'm such a simple man.

Saint and Andre Kent like this.
  8. Roxie Stables

A sexy beard at that.

Saint, Andre Kent and A Vagrant like this.
  9. That is rockin', man.

A shame that story NPC's don't respawn...

Saint likes this.
  10. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

very detailed character. i like him a lot. :D
    good work!

Saint likes this.
  11. Thanks alot John! :D

Well, I don't know if I'd even put them ingame. Thought they might be galactical "Legends" if anything.

Saint likes this.
  12. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

Where's Demanrisu, this needs to be added to the Lorebooks.

Saint likes this.
  13. Skitz

Skitz Big Damn Hero

Love the artwork and lore behind this
    The idea of NPC Villains roaming planets is really epic, i just wouldnt wanna run into them :eek:

14. ArmouredPixie

ArmouredPixie Subatomic Cosmonaut

Maybe if he's desperate he can blast energy from his shoulder as the membrane there is weaker, again maybe and also only if he's desperate

Saint likes this.
  15. That would only be a thing if any and every Novakid would be able to accomplish. I don't think he'd go cooler with superpowers~ But if that's a regular thing about the lore, that's awesome :D

Saint likes this.
  16. Passarbye

Passarbye Phantasmal Quasar

i think it would be possible just not practical, as it would probably hurt the novakid in the process. :unsure:

17. I made another concept for Vilkas
    [​IMG]
    Got it o.o Well, I still can't see his weak-spot (not having an arm) as some kind of practical advantage. That's too anime for me. "Suddenly, because he doesn't have an arm, he shoots laserbeams out of it!" And I know they're made of gas, so it would make some sense, but I find it... unapealing xD It ceases to be a characteristic or weakness and suddenly becomes a hidden special weapon.

18. okay

okay Void-Bound Voyager

This is sweet man, is he an engineer because he seems like the Ben Franklin type? Also he has some sick weapon and it looks way too high-tech for a regular Novakid to make so it would the engineer thing could back up the story on the weapon. It could be pushing it if you said he made new technology in his spare time when he's not poppin some dude but you never know.

Saint likes this.
  19. He was a bounty hunter. There would have been infinite numbers of scenarios where he could have got his gun. It's not hightech at all though. It works like a flamethrower and oil embued powder bullets.

Saint likes this.
  20. Saint

Saint Contact!

I like it a lot !