1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarReader: Starbound Web-Based Player Save File Editor

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gear, Dec 10, 2013.

1. 749a3

749a3 Space Hobo

@Gear I am sorry for your loss. Give your family my condolences.

2. Gear

Gear Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thank you, although its funny imaging my family's reaction to "749a3 says hes sorry for our loss" :p

Whitlinger Doodle Do likes this.
  3. 749a3

749a3 Space Hobo

lol

4. CriticalTuba

CriticalTuba Orbital Explorer

I forgot to mention that I did and do have a working backup. I'll wait as long as it takes for this type of thing to be ironed out. My condolences by the way.

5. dsorjr

dsorjr Void-Bound Voyager

I have a problem where my game crashes as soon as I open the star map when ever i use the char I brought back using the editor. I have a back up so Im not too worried but I still thought Id see if anyone else had this problem or if it was just a random glitch.

6. ArdianPika123123

ArdianPika123123 Space Spelunker

Hey,gear i love using star reader,i add some items like armors,guns and weapons.i launched starbound but when i play it, its force closed.please help me

7. Voltzz

Voltzz Intergalactic Tourist

I am trying to change the projectiles of the guns. Anyone had any luck with this so far?

8. WASasquatch

WASasquatch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Would you like to work with me to make a GUI for Starreader? Something categorizing the GUI much like the in-game inventory, allowing dragging and dropping from a compiled list of items from the game (Updated after every official update for accuracy) and possibly a random weapon generator for easier weapon creation? I work with JavaScript, jQuery, PHP, MySQL, etc. I was thinking of making similar but starting from scratch, especially when you have a base system working, doesn't sound needed anymore.

sieg131 likes this.
  9. min964

min964 Void-Bound Voyager

hi im wondering how to do tech i know i need -chip at the end but is the tech abbreviated?

and could someone give me the name for the targeted blink if its abbreviated.

10. Klocko

Klocko Big Damn Hero

You should have something to check if any edits to a generated sword/gun will cause it to become a perfectly generic item. Also, how long'll it take to update this to the new save format?

11. Zavod101

Zavod101 Phantasmal Quasar

EDIT:changing some guns' aspects seems to turn them into perfectly generic items.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
  12. Fox234

Fox234 Space Spelunker

Sadly anything I add appears as a perfectly generic item.

13. sieg131

sieg131 Aquatic Astronaut

I love the tool, I also encounter the perfectly generic items when editing the generated weapons at all (really wanted to change the names at least, would make them wicked cool to wield.)
    sorry for your loss, But I love the tool, can't wait to see where it goes in the future. noticed the pictures appear, pretty sweet. Could you make a list, or is there a list that you could link to for the exact way to type in certain items, such as instruments? :) thanks in advance, Carl.

14. Hunterthelegend

Hunterthelegend Aquatic Astronaut

15. Hunterthelegend

Hunterthelegend Aquatic Astronaut

how do we go about saving/making guns since they are randomly generated stock body and barrel? do we need to type in like generatedgunrocketlaunchrebutt1middle3barrel4?!?!?

16. Prince Popper

Prince Popper Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I have 2 problems, I drag the players folder in there and press upload, nothing. Then I browse it but I can't upload it because it brings me to what's in it.

17. Zavod101

Zavod101 Phantasmal Quasar

i am trying to change the projectile type of a uncommon sniper rifle (currently it shots flames) from flame to fast and after loading the game to see the results, my character isn't there

18. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

After extensive testing, StarReader is CORRUPTING the player save 100% of the time WHEN a player has had the Spawning or Armor and Weapons Box from the very popular mod Creative Mode. The boxes, even when destroyed, will break StarReader. I don't know why it is doing this, but can you please fix it?

19. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

In general, I find it necessary to try loading the saves at least twice before they are accepted by starbound.
    That being said, I don't understand how it could break on a mod, the save file format is very flexible and resilient (using string based keys rather than anything else lets it save you a lot of work).

20. Shasow

Shasow Space Spelunker

Kind of hard to load the save twice when it's not in the list of characters or when it instantly crashes. I don't understand how it can break it either (possibly some conflict with the recipes the mod adds?), but it does.