1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED StarReader: Starbound Web-Based Player Save File Editor

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gear, Dec 10, 2013.

1. becquerl

becquerl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same thing happened to me. How embarrassing.

2. Starb0under

Starb0under Void-Bound Voyager

This mod doesn't work for me at all... my character rolled back so I was trying to catch him up, and I bring in the .player file and import new items and such into the hotbar, save the file, and replace my player file. Then I star Starbound and nothing changes.

LulianB likes this.
  3. Moonshaft

Moonshaft Void-Bound Voyager

I was actually wondering that myself. Mostly if I was doing something wrong.
    Starbound > giraffe_storage > player > .player file?
    I was playing around with it and wanted to a add a few dozen Iron Ore to my inventory as a test just to see as I recently discovered this and there was no change to my save file at all through the change and import. I'm wondering if that's just the list of things that aren't editable yet, if I'm doing it wrong, or if the editor just isn't quite compatible with Upbeat Giraffe v.2 quite yet.

4. Starb0under

Starb0under Void-Bound Voyager

Exactly what Moonshaft said. I spent a while adding things to my hotbar and using import codes from another website, and I also tried to directly modify my weapons, neither of which made an in game change whatsoever.

5. Hastur609

Hastur609 Aquatic Astronaut

Could anyone help me with this? I make my character save on the site with the correct item IDs and quantities plugged in.I only put in a ragged cape which I want, and a tech chip, both set to x1 with the IDs shown in the Starbound Items search site...

Well, yeah, plug the items in as needed making sure everything's right. I download the save. I put it in my giraffe storage folder where my old save was. Aaand nothing. There's no character there anymore. I have to put my old save back and carry on because the save I downloaded simply doesn't work and no character is displayed as available for me to select.

6. Blasefall

Blasefall Void-Bound Voyager

Well the creator said a couple posts earlier that the editor doesn't work at the moment.
    He is still trying to work on it.

7. Kn16h7

Kn16h7 Void-Bound Voyager

The editor has not been fully updated, as the author has said on the previous page. Right now it only reads the save files, displaying the information. Any kind of editing you try to do will either have zero effect, or it will corrupt your save.

8. kigg25

kigg25 Void-Bound Voyager

umm when i try to use it i cant get the button generate new save file because it wont give me the link and can i make a colored name on it with a code?

9. Calm Melody

Calm Melody Void-Bound Voyager

actually, after trying to use the editor, from what I've found, is that it does work, for increasing your pixel count, but nothing else right now.

10. Sir Orrin

Sir Orrin Tentacle Wrangler

How do i change appearence?

11. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

This isn't an editor, it's only a save viewer. If you want to edit your save, try SBSE or Starcheat.

12. Nightwinter

Nightwinter Space Spelunker

Main functions not working with Glad Giraffe. The only thing working with Glad is pixels edit. Still, good web editor, thanks.

13. RythmSOUL

RythmSOUL Yeah, You!

I'm having trouble doing anything. All of the item slots say No Item. The only thing that I feel safe editing is the pixel amount. Can anyone help?

14. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Did you consider using Starcheat instead?

15. LulianB

LulianB Space Hobo

How to change the difficulty of your character?

16. Deathninja5551

Deathninja5551 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. StarReader is for upbeat giraffe, not glad giraffe. (or nightly build)

17. Sylari

Sylari Space Hobo

Any plans to update it for 1.0?

18. userkh

userkh Aquatic Astronaut

Doesn't work with 1.0, so it's useless.
    What's the point of supporting the old beta game version?

19. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Some people still have old versions.

20. VJPOP

VJPOP Intergalactic Tourist

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/c/4/i/c4isbad/html/starreader/index.php on line 51

Why is that? + When i try to save it, it never tends to save..