Modding Discussion Starmatic - An automatic modpack installer! [v. 0.1 Pre-Alpha]

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Undeadflayme, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Undeadflayme

Undeadflayme Intergalactic Tourist

Starmatic is a new automatic modpack installer that I am creating for the Starbound community.I am creating it in a programming language called Java. I am not currently releasing it, as it still needs a few more feature before I feel like it is usuable, however I am making this thread now to get some some talent to help me out.

The launcher is based off modpack launchers from Minecraft such as the Technic Launcher and the FTB Launcher. When I came over to this game, I was quite surprised to see a scarcity in modpacks in general, so lets hope this launcher can kick start things.

Current Features
    • Automatically downloads modpacks from online fileservers and extracts them to the mods folder in your Starbound directory.
    • Multiple modpack support so you can switch between your favorite modpacks
    • Easy to use interface
    • Custom modpack support so you can create your own

Currently Working On
    • A way to add your custom packs to the fileserver from the launcher
    • A website to store all modpacks
    • A GUI to get a list of custom modpacks from the website to pin them in your launcher for quick access

Planned Features
    • Modpack editor so you can quickly and easily manage your current mods

Talent Needed
    • A GFX designer so that the launcher can look nice! :)
    • Anyone that wants to help, just post your ideas below, the more features that better, so don't be shy!

Contact Information
    • If you are interested in helping out, or want to get in touch with me, add me on skype:
    • Username: Undeadflayme
    • Message with friend request: I would like to help out with Starmatic.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  2. radej

radej Void-Bound Voyager

hello