StarBound's Release Date Revealed! [fictional]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by -Red-, Jun 13, 2012.

1. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Some folks just have WAY WAY too much time on their hands. Ever think of taking up knitting? o_O

Toady and -Red- like this.
  2. Knartz

Knartz Orbital Explorer

Nice, not only you singlehandedly (with your off hand obviously) smashed the World Ending Prophecy Bull***t but also enlightened every Forum reader of the release date :D

3. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

My face after seeing the "Mother of God" meme:
    [​IMG]

4. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Actually, I did once...

Knitting.jpg

It didn't work out too well...

11clock, Breather and MrTasty like this.
  5. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG] Oh. My. GOD!

6. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

My mind is full of billions and billions of wut.

7. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

Well, the thread's been moved to [Fanfiction] so now no more people being tricked into thinking this is real because they didn't see the full thread title :p Well, at least everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it, and that's all I care about. Plus the extra 60 trophy points bumped me up to well-known so there's that~

8. Vizendel

Mm.. Is it bothersome to change your text to red all the time?
    Because I was thinking of changing mine to purple.

9. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

I don't believe so. Do what you will! Fill the grey walls of this forum with color! :rainbow:

10. Vizendel

PURPAL IS AMAZAZING.

Casimir likes this.
  11. Marshall.Duke

Marshall.Duke Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry to bring this up after a good week or so, but you sir, are wrong terribly wrong. The Mayan calendar and the Julian calendar are two different things, the Mayan calendar doesn't have leap years because it doesn't need them its nothing but a segmented countdown with pictures. The true astrological calendar that we should be using has 13 months each month having 28 days, every week still has 7 days making each month last exactly 4 weeks, this works just fine and does not require an "imaginary day". The creation of the Julian calendar is known as "the mistake in time" Because it had one major flaw that would not allow it to work UNLESS it had a leap year. Why would the Mayans be using a Julian calendar? They never even came in contact with European civilization (until Spain killed them all).
    The Mayan prophecy of 2012, is translated to our 2012. Its not actually written in arabic numerals on the Mayan calendar "2012" The Mayan calendar was a countdown calendar, so it could easily be converted using hours, days, minuets, the unaltered units of time.
    Again, Leap year only applies to the Julian calendar (the one that we use today), as the Julian calendar is flawed, and requires such an annual correction.

Toady and -Red- like this.
  12. Hap818

Hap818 Pangalactic Porcupine

That is what i say

13. -Red-

-Red- Big Damn Hero

*clapping slowly* You sir have done thine homework~

Toady and Marshall.Duke like this.
  14. Marshall.Duke

I thought it was just common sense except for the true calendar bit, that I had to actually look up out of curiosity.
    Mayans aren't Romans, plus the whole "2012 is when the Mayan calendar runs out" bit made it obvious that it was a countdown carried out by solid variables such as seconds and hours (daylight savings doesn't affect such a thing either no matter what those seconds are still flying by not to mention the Mayans didn't have use for that crap either). But thank you i'm glad to see that my post wasn't going to end in someone agreeing with the nonsensical latter which I had just disproved.

15. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

maybe them Mayans just ran out of rock to write the calender.

16. Marshall.Duke

maybe you're adopted

Toady likes this.
  17. DakkonMartel

DakkonMartel Subatomic Cosmonaut

that explains everything!

18. Falcon42

Falcon42 Starship Captain

Hilarious story, although December 21st is quit a long wait o_O... (Yes, I know that this article wasn't true, it was joke...)

19. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

this is a glorious story 10/10 would read again

20. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

That... Was pretty damn funny! I like the whole idea alot ;)