1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support/

Starbound stuck at loading and unable to launch server

Discussion in 'In-Game & Billing Support' started by Raichael, Dec 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.

Starbound stuck at loading and unable to launch server

Discussion in 'In-Game & Billing Support' started by Raichael, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Raichael

Raichael Intergalactic Tourist

Hi! Previously I had been having no problems with launching Starbound, but after I downloaded the new patch something seemed to have happened. I can launch the game but it sits at the loading screen for eternity. Also, when I try to use my server, which had previously worked fine, I get the message "StarException Named config function 'depth2' defined twice, second time from /biomes/oredistributions.configfunctions
    0041A34F (C:/starbound/source/game/StarRoot.cpp:130)
    ... (3)
    (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32\bld../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt.1c:254)
    77A8BF39
    77A8BF0C

I've deleted my Starbound files twice and re-installed them, but nothing seems to be working at all.
    • Bahumat

Bahumat Space Hobo

Having this same problem since update evening of December 11th. Just stuck on 'Loading' forever, no changes. Error code I get for Server startup:

StarException: Named config function 'depth2' defined twice, second time from /biomes/oredistributions.configfunctions
      0041A34F (C:/starbound/source/game/StarRood.cpp:130)
      ... (3)
      (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3
      -1mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt.c:254)
      77689F72
      77689F45

====

SOLUTION FOUND

The game isn't sanity checking the files in the directory. I had a backup of oredistributions.configfunctions titled 'oredistributions.configfunctions - more coal' in the directory, and evidently it was loading either that or both files. Deleted the backup file, everything worked fine.
        Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
      • CeeDub

CeeDub Tentacle Wrangler

You made a backup copy of your oredistributions.configfunctions file, and left it in the folder. The game client tries to load -everything- under the assets subdirectory, regardless of file extension. Remove the oredistributions.configfunctions backup file and try again.
        • Raichael

Raichael Intergalactic Tourist

I deleted this file and then my game told me that I had more duplicate files of another file. I don't though, so I don't really understand what is going on.
          • DALAVISTIA

DALAVISTIA Space Hobo

im just stuck on the loading screen i didnt have any message pop up
            • TapTap

TapTap Master Chief

Same
              • GrayWolfSev

GrayWolfSev Space Hobo

I to am stuck just on the loading screen. I figured maybe if I just wait but I have roughly 20 min in the game and all of it was spent on the loading screen. no error messages or anything.
                • MLKMLK

MLKMLK Space Hobo

Im stuck on the loading screen also with no popoups and never even got to play the game once. So far i have waited about 15 min
                  • TapTap

TapTap Master Chief

My solution was right clicking it in Steam selecting properties, then selecting Local files and clicking Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

Hope this helps ;3
                    • dumb noob

dumb noob Intergalactic Tourist

my loading screen just takes a millenium but it still works, lol
                      • Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

The thing is, this thread is referring to an older version of the game. Since it's is no longer relevant, locking.
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.
                        This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.