1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound + Steam Xmas sale

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tryst, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tryst

Tryst Space Hobo

Will starbound be going on sale for the steam xmas sale?

I want to buy the game but I don't want to pick up just to have it go on sale like a day later like all other good things in life do.

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

That isn't something people announce so long ahead of time.
    If they do no one will buy it at full price. They have to feed their families and pay their electrical bills too.

Either way Early Access games rarely ever go on sale. Since development isn't finished.
    Only games which are complete usually do.

Galactic Avatar and ThorN like this.
  3. Raybrandt

Raybrandt Jackpot!

Not likely. It was only just released.

If you're so worried, buy the game for 15$ to support the developers or wait for a sale.

I said it. Sue me.

EDIT: So THAT'S what he changed it to. Okay.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. Xendhaius

Xendhaius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What has this world come to when people will wait for a sale on a $15 game?

5. Guswut

Guswut Ketchup Robot

The world has come to an upcoming Steam sale, of course!

6. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

yea, really unlikely. even if it is on sale, it'll probably just be 10%

Whiplashr likes this.
  7. Capt_Electron

Capt_Electron Big Damn Hero

It also be a slap in the face to all of us who pre-ordered months ago. Don't expect Starbound to go on-sale until some months after version 1.0 is released.

The | Suit and Bertshet like this.
  8. Goopy

Goopy Space Spelunker

It's $15, that is all there is to say.

9. TheHonorableGeneral

TheHonorableGeneral 2.7182818284590...

I've waited for sales on $10 games (they drop to like 99 cents, which is pretty awesome), so people waiting on $15 sales isn't surprising for me.

10. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

No way. The game JUST came out. It's not gunna go on sale. Especially not after so many people pre-ordered to support the game, they wouldn't cut the price for "non pre-orderers".

11. TheHonorableGeneral

TheHonorableGeneral 2.7182818284590...

I'm sensing a bit of entitlement here. Not saying that there will be a sale, but let's not start classifying people in quotation marks, hm?

12. Doubtful, they don't need to do a sale, but at the same time they've made a lot off of this game already so I could totally see it happening.

13. Whiplashr

Whiplashr Space Penguin Leader

Steam sales have notoriously good prices, but it's also quite common for very new releases to not be discounted at all, or if they are, very small.. like 10% off at best.

14. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe a silly question, but...the game is not technically out yet. it is not yet a complete game. why would they be putting it on sale before it is even done?

15. Attribule

Attribule Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. It's in no way, shape or form a "slap" in the faces of people who pre-ordered. Pre-ordering doesn't entitle you to anything OTHER than what is stated; e.g. beta access, which you have; soundtracks, which you get and so on. Learn what you're paying for before making claims. What you paid for to get access on day 1 doesn't mean anything. At all. Pre-ordering already gets you perks -- don't get greedy.

2. Even AAA games that are recently released typically get small sales when they happen on Steam. Will Starbound get one? Who knows, but just because it's "new" doesn't exempt it from any possible sales.

WakeTheShark and Capt_Raven like this.
  16. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Holy shit. The game is 15 bucks...

It's already on sale. What's wrong with you people?

Gigawolf likes this.
  17. Terrahero

Terrahero Cosmic Narwhal

Its not impossible. Pre-orders have been going on sale before, and discounts have been known to occur even shortly after "release" altough usually these are fairly small discounts.

Anyway, its not announced as far as i know and somewhat unlikely. You have to keep in mind that a discount so early after going up means people have just bought it for full price. Doing a discount then could have a nasty backslash for the devs from those who supported their product from the start, as these people might feel scewed over a bit. So i'd say its unlikely.

18. Jmbomb

Jmbomb Sandwich Man

In the future the price will most likely raise to $20 (as long as they keep going in the direction they are going)

Get it while you can.

19. Jman1177

Jman1177 Void-Bound Voyager

I definitely wasn't trying to sound entitled, It was late and I just couldn't think of a name for people who didn't pre-order. Regular purchas-ers? What I was trying to say is they just sold the game to so many people that it leaped to #1 in steam's chart, and they wouldn't cut the price so soon.

20. TheTechPunk

TheTechPunk Orbital Explorer

Seriously some of you guys, so survey said NO, stop shooting down his wish to save money. I totally agree on two things: Its 15 bucks, no big loss. Also if I can save and have 5 dollars to buy myself something else more power to me. Nothing he has done is wrong, he was simply being wise about his mula.
    Don't state as fact... jus' read signature

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.