1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. EchoesOfRain

EchoesOfRain Big Damn Hero

Can anyone explain to me how to acquire tech? I have pulse jump for some reason, no idea why, but I'm curious about the other tech.

2. LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

They are now bound to the ship level.
    You will find "blank tech cards" now, with them you can unlock them in the ships computer.
    Lv1 gives you Dash and DoubleJump
    Lv 2 and 3 just repair your engine
    L4 gives Groundsmash, Rocketjump, Bounce
    L5 Morphball and Gravitybubble
    L6 Targetblink, FTLboost (better dash), RocketBoots
    L7 Energy Regen, Bobbleboost, Shield
    L8 Health Regen, Particlethrust

but i dont know where you get the upgrades, the cheated spawnitem shipTx dont add them to the computer

DevonDe likes this.
  3. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I guess some evil mastermind went around the universe and stole every avian's beak.

[​IMG]

But yeah, this is a slightly creepy bug. 2spooky even. :boo:

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Anyone else unable to talk to S.A.I.L?

5. Lintton

Lintton Guest

S.A.I.L.! Stop this crazy thing!!

[​IMG]

MysticMalevolence, Uzkniso and Yzzey like this.
  6. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

After can't remember how many months without playing (Between getting Torchlight 2, a real busy semester and overall lack of time) I picked the game again today and started anew without cheats this time....

...... It took me over four hours of play to notice that the game HADN'T CRASHED A SINGLE TIME!! If it wasn't for the Moon Base Quest and all of the new stuff, I would've thought I accidentally ran my old Stable copy.

Dunno what the Devs did, but if you don't take the unimplemented stuff into account, the game's pretty much 3/4 a Stable. You can get real far without relying on cheats.

However, there's one very annoying bug that's the only thing stopping me from making my own pseudo-Stable patch with this Nightly.... The MM Upgrade doesn't work; the 10 Silver Bars vanish from your inventory, but the upgrade doesn't do a thing (you can't collect water) and the message on SAIL remains the same. Hope they fix this on the next nightly.

That aside, all's well.

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Must be a human thing. I'm unable to talk to SAIL after the core fragments mission without the game crashing.

8. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Perhaps. I was playing a Hylotl.

That aside, does anyone knows if there's a way to use cheats to upgrade the MM? Because it's really annoying to not being able to use water.

9. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Pardon me for asking but what do we use collected water for? Or are you just making a swimming pool or something like that?

10. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

More or less. Most precisely, I wanna MAKE MYSELF A POOL FULL OF COFFEE just for fun :p.

11. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

Ahh, thanks for the reply.

I prefer to make myself a pool filled with the blood of my countless conquered enemies personally :viking:

12. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I too, would like to bathe in coffee!!

13. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

The MM was fixed! Hurray!

14. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

It seems that the framework for the game's progression is now in place. (Or maybe it has been for a while; I only started playing the nightlies recently.) For those of you who'd rather discover it for yourselves, I wouldn't recommend reading any further.
    The progression comes in stages. At each step, you do assorted missions for the residents of the outpost. Most of them are simple fetch quests, with difficulty ranging from crafting paper to fetching treasures from treacherous dungeons. At the end of each stage, the merchant at Penguin Bay will sell you a license for the next tier of ship, for an increasing quantity of diamonds. (This is presented in a mission format; the Penguin Bay is not a "true" shop the way Terramart and Infinity Experss are.) After you buy the license, you can upgrade your ship by talking to S.A.I.L.

Please note that at the present time, you cannot progress fully without admin commands; as upgrading your ship requires fuel rods, which are unobtainable as of this posting. Moreover, your crafting options will be limited, since you cannot build a Robotic Crafting Table. This can make it tricky to pull off some of the fetch quests that require delving into areas teeming with tough-as-nails baddies.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Am I missing some lore in the mining mission or are the human miners not supposed to be targetable? I was able to kill some of them. (Not the half transformed, the human ones that shoot the baddies.)

16. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's actually been a thing for a long time. It's perfectly possible to kill friendly NPCs, even ones you wind up summoning yourself. I'm hoping a friendly fire disabler will be implemented eventually.

Lintton likes this.
  17. Hrexandro

Hrexandro Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is the mysterious invitation mission inaccessible or does it just not work for me?
    Every time I try to beam there the game slows down to a halt and I have to turn it off.

18. Dinoyipi

Dinoyipi Big Damn Hero

Works for me, but is rather hardware-intensive.

19. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I have yet to experience this in-game, but Tiy tweeted this recently and I thought it was worth a mention here:
    BUG CATCHING!
    http://t.co/CYywT5G6GW

20. DevGru

DevGru Master Chief

I don't why, but my character stopped regenerating energy (It was working earlier).

Also, how do I finish the lunar mission? I reached the bottom of the base where the drilling machine is located but when I activate it, it didn't do anything and I got stuck in the mission. I'm just wondering if it's one of the bugs in the nightly build, it's unfinished or I'm missing something.