1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

That is indeed the case

Untrustedlife likes this.
  2. Mackerel II

Mackerel II Void-Bound Voyager

Interesting finding for me... pressing R is the keyboard shortcut for the MM. Well useful.

503geek likes this.
  3. Severite

Severite Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really liked the hunger mechanic, myself. It is what drove me to build my sixteen hydroponics layers, with a tree layer. It also helps with immersion, tying you into the gameworld. Not starving to death is a motivation everybody can get behind.

Naun, SivCorp, Lintton and 2 others like this.
  4. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]
    I found this and the game crashed

5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

oh

6. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

upload_2014-11-5_16-49-47.png

If this doesn't qualify as interesting, I'm not sure what would.

7. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Wait, ... whaaa?

8. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

That is the strangest description for an orange I've seen in a while, not that it doesn't sound good to a floran

9. morphnet

morphnet Void-Bound Voyager

I just found that axes are gone from my inv and crafting table and in my inv replaced with "perfect genetic material"

10. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Step 1: Cancel the Eugenics program. We don't need a master race.
    Step 2: Go ahead anyway and clone the perfect genetic material. Make MewTwo or something neat.
    Step 3: Did you mean Perfectly Generic material?

Slimy likes this.
  11. B-b-banjo

B-b-banjo Master Chief

I was mining underground, heard a weird whirring noise, and found a little Avian room closed off on all sides by temple walls with a computer inside, so I turned it on... Still have no idea what it did.

12. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I just found an ocean Planet. IT'S BEAUTIFUL

13. apinanaivot

apinanaivot Cosmic Narwhal

Download more tools mod by me. It is for the nightly build and contains axes.

14. morphnet

morphnet Void-Bound Voyager

yup sorry i meant Perfectly Generic material, little green cube. As for master race ... i fell down the same hole twice in one night >.< maybe clown race would be better :p Thx for the advice apin but i'm staying away from mods on nightly builds for the moment as the base game is killing my cpu and i've hit 100% a few times already :( my cpu is a pentium dual-core E5700 @ 3.00GHz

15. Supernorn

Supernorn Starbound Artist and Parallax Pixel Pusher Chucklefish

/spawnitem hulagirl :nod:

Lintton likes this.
  16. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

17. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

I was exploring an ocean biome when I stumbled upon this...
    For some reason I wasn't losing air underwater even though I'm wearing the air pocket generator, which doesn't work in liquids, so I took advantage of this by exploring the ocean floor.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  18. Octopaige

Octopaige Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had a worse incident, I did not take a screencap, but I spawned within an avian temple fully submersed in water in the ocean planet. It was terrifying, fortunately I was close to the exit...

19. LazerusKI

LazerusKI Phantasmal Quasar

we had that with one of the Apex Labs. I spawned inside the mainhall and could exit through the door.
    My friend spawned inside the locked room with the switch on the other side...he nearly drowned.

20. Broconut

Broconut Cosmic Narwhal

yo guise i wuz playin nightly n found sum totaly legit dank shiz bruh!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014