1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

the sun was yellow

red suns are not hot enough to have "hot biomes" in this game

2. arden03

arden03 Big Damn Hero

I would love this! I vote for the dark planet / glitch powered planet for sure![DOUBLEPOST=1414034499][/DOUBLEPOST]maybe it is just me but it feels too easy to upgrade the matter manipulator... I didn't even play for long at all before I had it upgraded 3 times... feels like it would be better to make it take a little more time, not sure if there are plans already but yea, just a thought.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  3. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Dose The New scorched Biome remind you of Planet Vegeta?

For some reason, The sky is Red? Everyone in nightly! Go to the Planet vegeta1 Dose it look like the sky is red? Yes1 There is possibility that the Developers are Dragon Ball Z Fans! Or not...

I am waiting for the Nightly Version to come out on the Stable Branch. But it look really cool!

4. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

Actually, our sky is black. It is blue for other reasons.

Beatrice likes this.
  5. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey starbound team, why did you remove the , HUNGER AND COLD mechanics? no more freezing to death? no more hunger? where has the survival gone.

Please tell me thats only temporary.

6. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

You sure you're not in admin mode?

7. Untrustedlife

I know im not in admin mode.

8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Hmmm well they were being reworked once the new status system changes were implemented so maybe they are off during that period until it's updated

9. The Observer

The Observer Phantasmal Quasar

Hunger is being eliminated entirely and will be replaced with a variety of food buffs.

Cold will be reinstated, along with overheating, radiation, etc.

CaptThad likes this.
  10. AngryBogle

AngryBogle Void-Bound Voyager

I can't believe Hunger is being removed. Looks like I need to turn to modding once again.

arden03 likes this.
  11. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It's a shame that the casual side won this war >_>

arden03 and Naun like this.
  12. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I woulda been fine with a combo of what it's going to be and what it currently is in stable, but as it is, it's a bore.

13. Untrustedlife

casulas making any thing challenging about a game into something meaningless. once again.

Darklight likes this.
  14. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Actually its fine. Normally I would be up in arms about this, but the thing is they finally opened up the game quite a bit.
    So people who don't want it so casual can easily make the changes them selves.

Though there are a few more changes I would like to see before I am completely pacified.
    That biggest of which being self damage needs to be enabled.

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

The hunger bar wasn't an integral part of the game's difficulty and only seemed to make an effect in the first few minutes of gameplay. If you are romping through a a rp session, or playing the arcade games, or even going afk, you'd like to be doing it in relative safety, this helps with that. I would hope that there will be a functionality for chairs added, since that was their primary use in stable. There are also other things in game that move the player into using food/food buffs as they progress(tougher monsters, larger hp, movement bonuses, hell environment protection and lighting food would be a godsend), I think this helps the game in terms of interaction, and it won't affect how hard the game is overall.

Now cramming 5 rice down your gullet isn't going to be as helpful in later stages of the game, but cooking that rice with automato or eggshoot...now you are playing with power!

Exxil3d, Akado and Peelz like this.
  16. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I don't know what you mean by casuals.... If you mean casual gamer then I can only assume that is a bad assuption, as I am a casual. I really don't like that specific change. At least the modding for the most part is simple.

What lintton said above me holds true for quite a few people, but not for everyone. Of course now food at the moment isn't integral either, as not everyone would use it the same way if at all. I am sure that most will if they want buffs and the like. So this means you heal with food.... I sure hope not. I know about the regen buff. what I am referencing is what was originally in MC.

But like I have mentioned before, I guess it does matter to me either way...

17. FloranFighter

FloranFighter Subatomic Cosmonaut

I believe he means soft gamers rather than casual, the large number of people who play games only to win and advance without having to strategise and plan for the future events, basically people who just want a free ride

18. Seburo

Seburo Subatomic Cosmonaut

Aw that sucks, I rather liked the hunger bar mechanic. Was the whole reason I would always make farms and hunt in games like this. Oh well, I like the food buff idea none the less.

19. DaJoe85

DaJoe85 2.7182818284590...

Is the removal of the bar confirmed, or is it theory

20. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

That makes it a bit more sense then.... If that is the case.

Untrustedlife likes this.