1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

another thing to add is that the planet is always a level 0
    im gessing these will be peaceful planets it seems
    they look pritty at night too
    [​IMG]
    very peaceful

i hope this biome stays

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  2. FrostyAvo

FrostyAvo Void-Bound Voyager

I like it, seems like a nice change to all the weird alien biomes and stuff.

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Treat level 0? No enemies?
    Don't trust those plants... There are reasons why the animals are gone...

Bakubakuba and MysticMalevolence like this.
  4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Evolution?
    animals are too small?
    Burrowing life?
    The air is poisonous to them?

5. Veran

Veran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that makes me think of pikmin, where (almost) everything is tiny, and the air is poisonous for the main characters. now i want a pikmin hairstyle for florans, in all 3 stages, lol.

6. FrostyAvo

Well, irl gardens rarely have wild animals in them. My guess would be that they're the freebuild planets the devs have been talking about.

7. Starbug

Starbug Guest

No, gardens are teeming with life. You just rarely see them as most of the lil' creatures are nocturnal and very afraid of evil humans. They haven't learned that we don't need to eat them anymore; since the invention of SuperMarkets :D

8. Lintton

Lintton Guest

There's a lot of critters that make their home in a graveyard.

9. FrostyAvo

Well maybe the creatures are afraid of evil novakids too? We shall never know.

10. Pyre

Pyre Void-Bound Voyager

I was spawning guns a little while ago and I encountered a type that I've never seen before.
    [​IMG]

This thing fires projectiles that change direction randomly in midair, leaving behind a brief burst.
    It looks as though the projectile increases in power every time it changes direction.
    [​IMG]

FrostyAvo likes this.
  11. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

the garden planets are always peaceful?

well..im a bit worried.

THIS is awesome.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  12. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's not that there's no aggro monsters, it's just that there's less of them.

13. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

in that case i don't think we should be spending so much time on the start planet, it really shouldn't be like that for too long (at least for me, I live for combat and action) I would get bored.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  14. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

monsters still spawn but they are far from meny
    acording to todays dev post it seems they are going to be the new starting planet
    witch im ok with[DOUBLEPOST=1409447400][/DOUBLEPOST]it seems that after doing some exporing, that the garden biome has the new glassland biome
    as in glassland biomes no longer exist

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  15. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well if that is the case, that is pretty sad to see those go. Would have been nice to see one teeming with enemies that is similar. Oh well, it is not over yet. :)

16. weirdee

weirdee Big Damn Hero

Are they going to up the amount of actual metal ore spawns near areas that are reasonable to get to instead of turning this into Minecraft: Son of Minecraft: The Minecraftening?

"they knew that digging down was dangerous....but they didn't have a choice!"

anyway, this is probably pretty old but it seems like some enemies have energy shields as their "can only use this ability occasionally" spell alongside old favorites like breath attack and completely useless telekinesis

also, our good friend "enemy becomes immortal when their hp goes to 0" is back

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    MysticMalevolence likes this.
  17. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Las time I ran into an underground crystal biome, half of everything there was invincible thanks to taking a lava bath beforehand.

18. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I know this is probably a nub question by now, and possibly unwarranted in this thread, but I was wondering if there was any way to tell whether you had the correct unstable/nightly build (whichever is relatively-active with updates).

19. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

Steam should automatically download the new update whenever it is released, so unless you've got updates disabled or you're in offline mode, you should have the latest version.

20. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

there hasnt been a nightly update for the past 2 days
    what gives @OmnipotentEntity X-x