1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Oh, does it give any errors? If not can you post the content of starbound.log?

2. Atticus

Atticus Title Not Found

When reading your books all the text is pushed up so you can't read it.

linkthegamer and Lintton like this.
  3. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, here's a question. How do you find a gate, currently? I've yet to see one. Are they on the surface of a planet or are they on the outpost planetoids that seem to only ever have the building with empty stores for me?

4. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I noticed that bug in the actual current version..... (Not the nightly build) it seems to have been there awhile... it has to do with water moving around. It destroys fires/torches/lamps.

5. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

Pretty sure they haven't been properly implemented yet.
    You can use admin commands to summon the actual structure of a gate, but you won't find them occurring naturally, and a summoned one won't do anything.

And now for a question of my own, is there a hotkey to switch to the matter manipulator now that it has its own special slot under the hotbar?
    I'm so used to using the number keys to access the things I have in the hotbar and hitting X when I need my weapon. I haven't found a simple way of switching directly to the matter manipulator via the keyboard. The only ways I've found are through scrolling the mousewheel, or clicking on the icon.

6. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, that explains that at least.

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

it seems going to outpost planets now teliport you to the middle of the sun
    so i gess i will wait intill next update to test them out lol

8. Bryan

Bryan Phantasmal Quasar

It appears that admin commands have been disabled. At least, I can't get them to work anyway.

Yes, I've got it set on the nightly builds. When I type in /ruinthefun, nothing happens. There's no text that pops up saying it's been enabled or disabled. I tried spawning something in anyway, but I just get the return message "you don't have the privilege to spawn items" or something to that degree.

This is butts, man.

Edit: I have also gone into the config files and admin commands is set to "true".

9. Jozzuz

Jozzuz Void-Bound Voyager

/ruinthefun dosen't work for me either but i can still spawn items.

Also, can you beam to outposts, when i beam i spawn into lava, start losing health and can't see myself.

10. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

i know it sucks, they propley broke it somehow or changed the command

11. spiritofcat

I've also noticed that in recent nightly builds, ore that is within gravel or fine sand tends to simply vanish when the gravel or fine sand is disturbed, rather than popping out and becoming collectable like it did in older versions.

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

yah becouse that would be too fun easy

13. spiritofcat

Yep, it's happening to me too.
    My roof is four tiles thick. Two of dirt, one of wood and one of cobblestone bricks, but it still leaks!
    [​IMG]

I just noticed that the furnace has been changed to produce a crafting menu instead of the input/output system like the campfire.
    [​IMG]

14. Bryan

Bryan Phantasmal Quasar

I've only just started playing after it updated, so I really didn't get past the starting planet. Since I use the commands to move through all the quests and get fuel and ship repairs, it kind of put the breaks on me. Outposts were actually the main reason I wanted to play after this update too. Wanted to see all the NPC additions. What I'm also hoping for is that they make the shops actually usable instead of over-sized chests.

In short... No, I wouldn't know if I could beam to outposts or not, but reading that someone else has had the same issue as you, I can only assume that I would also beam into lava. What a way to go... "THIS PLACE IS TOTALLY SAFE, DON'T YOU WORRY!" -beam down and immediately melt- "WHOOPS, GUESS I SHOULD HAVE WARNED YOU ABOUT THAT LAVA, LOL. No hard feelings though, it could have happened to anyone!"

Yeah, that was my initial thought as well... That something they did most likely broke it. Nearly died on the starting planet cause I didn't realize I was taking damage, lol. Almost as bad as the time I drowned in lava when mining for hellstone in Terraria. :rofl:

15. Surface Ore is back ><
    SurfaceOre.png

EDIT: The more i explore this starting planet, the more I think the world gen has just !@#$ the bed. It's spawned an area with hivestone and cobble stone and when i cross the area between it, the paralax backgrounds disappear.

EDIT2. BONUS, a poison hammer I found has a fire alternate attack. So MB1 does poison damage, and MB2 does fire damage.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
    yclatious likes this.
  16. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

FunAsylum and MysticMalevolence like this.
  17. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

If you can't stand the heat, get out of the outpost.

TheLoneGamer, Haedes, beari78 and 2 others like this.
  18. FunAsylum

FunAsylum Subatomic Cosmonaut

How does that even happen?

19. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

LOL at that.

Btw, I just made a new char today, and before I rebooted SAIL, I noticed something VERY SPECIAL in the random text the AI says while going haywire.

SAIL.JPG

...... The Devs sure love to troll us with that.:p

beari78 likes this.
  20. FunAsylum

FunAsylum Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh my god! Yes! :rofl: