1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Just found out that Turrets don't work. Even after you place a gun on them or even wire them to a terminal, they don't start.

2. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Oh my, that is not good.

3. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

these are in the nightlys now
    [​IMG]
    they dont do anything yet but they to look cool

Slimy likes this.
  4. aprhend1

aprhend1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Where did you find that?

5. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Holy Stargate Franchise! Do you have the coords? It might be a place worthy of checking from time to time when a new Nightly goes up just to see if anything changed.

6. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

its not part of the world as far as i know
    i used

/spawnitem gate

and /spawnitem gatepillar for the pillars

7. FunAsylum

FunAsylum Subatomic Cosmonaut

My mouth is hanging open at the epicness of that gate... :O

8. Haedes

Haedes Void-Bound Voyager

More precisely, ids are "ancientgate", "ancientpillar" and "ancientconsole".

9. FrostCrafter

FrostCrafter Void-Bound Voyager

Can we repair the FTL device ? If yes how to repair it ?

10. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

/spawnitem FTLrepairkit 1

And then use the item you get.

11. FrostCrafter

TY, it worked

EDIT : I can't zoom out to see the universe map :mad:

12. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

That's an annoying bug that's not been fixed yet. In order to access the Universe Map, you gotta travel from one planet to another (any planet will do) and leave the Nav Console Open while you do it. Once your ship has arrived at it's destination, the console will reload the map and you'll be in the universe map. But, be careful where you click; once you've clicked on any solar system you wont be able to go back to the Universe Map until you travel again.

Right now, this is the most annoying bug I've encountered.

13. FrostCrafter

Ok, ty.

14. Im_a_Salamander

Im_a_Salamander Void-Bound Voyager

Noticed that I can craft literally everything with just my hands
    Edit: I dont take damage from anything either

Attached Files:

15. FunAsylum

FunAsylum Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, you're god basically?

16. Im_a_Salamander

yeah the crafting is buggy also clicking on different sections takes a while for them to load or doesnt load at all

17. LadyEX

LadyEX Void-Bound Voyager

You start off with admin privileges automatically. To disable them, type /ruinthefun

18. Im_a_Salamander

Didnt know that, thanks i was afraid i couldnt play the nightlies which i was really exicted for

19. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Has anyone noticed that the NPCs' weapons are all ''messed up''? All those who had racial weapons now wield any kind of weapon. I mean, I've seen Avian Temple Guards with Rocket Launchers, Human Soldiers in the Bunkers with Bone Hammers, Bandits with Waterswords, etc. And it has been like that since, like, 6 Nightlies Ago. Wonder what happened....

Also, the turrets are still not working, even after you give them a gun. Has anyone managed to get them working?

20. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Oi, just found how to fix this bug for good. Apparently, the reason you can't go to the universe map normally is because, as the FTLrepairkit doesn't ''visualy'' fix the ship (meaning: the main booster on the back still looks broken), the game still believes you haven't fixed it.

So, use spawnitem shipT4 which ''fixes'' the ship visually and you can access the Universe Map normaly. Hope this helps all of the ppl here.

And, on a sidenote, has anybody noticed that all of the Plataforms have become invisible (you can't see them, but you can still step on them) since the Performance Patch? I am most certain it's related to the new tile rendering system. Hope it gets fixed soon.