1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Nightly Beta Findings or Interesting Things

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by phillip2001, Jun 17, 2014.

1. phillip2001

phillip2001 Phantasmal Quasar

I have made this thread for anyone to post any Interesting things they found in the nightly beta. One thing I noticed is the AI didnt show up. This might be because your ship is broken. Anyone have a fix your ship command? Happy posting!

Derfpace, beari78 and DevonDe like this.
  2. This thread's fine, just wanted to note that you should keep in mind that nightly builds are going to be broken and the bugs and weird glitches found within are likely things we already know about, or a result of features that are still a work-in-progress. :)

3. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

I feel like this is less of a bug reporting thread and more of a bug discussing, or at least us finding things we found in the nightly builds.

DevonDe and Brightish_Light like this.
  4. wayninja

wayninja Aquatic Astronaut

I found lots of mushroom people. Not sure if they were there before, but didn't see them before.

5. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

They were there before. I found tons of them, more of them than any other race actually, in the normal build.

6. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Havent got to try test it, will sure do on thursday (holiday for no reason over here), since I broke my safe kinda last time I played I guess I can go ahead test and find all the Dur Tee secrets and all Dur Tee new content in them hehe ^^

7. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

It is so buggy and broken! This is not what i paid for. N-no? Okay... I didn't try it yet. Sounds like a fun ride with the bugginess but i am worried about crashing too often.

DevonDe likes this.
  8. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

I found a giant alien boss that spawns if you make a circle out of all the rare beds??? WOW truly amazing.

DevonDe and Brightish_Light like this.
  9. Bryan

Bryan Phantasmal Quasar

Cooked Alien Meat crashes the game. At least for me anyway, regardless of it being in your inventory or held on the cursor, but not just being spawned in-game. I've lost access to about... three characters now because they have picked up Cooked Alien Meat. Two in their inventory from spawning and one with it stuck on the cursor from using the campfire. The game also immediately crashes upon setting foot in the ship. Poor guys, can't even enjoy their steak dinners.

10. _Q_

_Q_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

11. Qweasdy

Qweasdy Seal Broken

Ninja disclaimer

Naun and MysticMalevolence like this.
  12. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

2014-06-17_00001.jpg
    Unfortunately, it doesn't actually spawn... it's just a small tundra...
    I also have a theory, but I'll post that later.

Brightish_Light likes this.
  13. wayninja

wayninja Aquatic Astronaut

Ocean biome is... sorta dry. Enough water for me to make a boat out of popsicle sticks...

Edit; good timing! I'm on a planet right now that has no sub-biome, just Ocean.

Ocean Biome, just add water!

14. ___MeRliN___

___MeRliN___ Guest

Splendid found with the ocean biome, I really need to get back in the game... oh well thursday I'll hunt with you guys.

15. Bryan

Bryan Phantasmal Quasar

So, I start a new character, beam down to the planet and find this... Uhh...2.png

After wards, I load up Starcheat and give myself BubbleBoost... I find this. Uhh....png

I think something went a bit wrong with the planet gen. :B

Edit: Here are the coords if anyone is interested. Not sure if it's just me or the actual planet.

X: 81488358 Y: -96965493
    Epsilon Biham Minoris VI a

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  16. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

What's the coords?

17. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Were swimming animations always in the game?

18. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

they always just did it once and then held in 1 animation intill space was stop being held

anywho i found a extreamly small planet that i was able to loop around in ~20secs
    it was so wired

now it seems that clicking any item, crashes the game now =p

well they did warn us

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  19. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Those are Agarans, they have been if for a bit I believe. They have a thread here as kinda a meta-game thing.

I summoned the fishaxe. Not real a nightly exclusive but kinda fun bashing giant holes in the ground with devtool represented by a fish.

Also OP: You beat me to it, I wanted to do a thread like this too. X3

20. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

try the superfishaxe its like 1000 times better

Gdestruct01 and linkthegamer like this.