1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Starbound Mod Manager [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Outdated Mods' started by KrazyTheFox, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrazyTheFox

KrazyTheFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

KrazyTheFox submitted a new mod:

Starbound Mod Manager - A cross-platform mod manager that also merges conflicting mods for compatability automatically.

Read more about this mod...

Jaesung, PXLForce and ejh1990 like this.
  2. PXLForce

PXLForce Big Damn Hero

Hey Krazy,

I'm having some difficulty getting my "Hats Plus" mod to work with the loader. This is probably a very simple error on my behalf, but I cannot for the life of me work out what it is. I have compiled all of the files in to a .zip file, following the structure I found in the Alternian Race Mod, but get stuck on the "Loading" screen after the Chucklefish Logo.

The Alternian Race Mod works fine with the loader, which is leaving me a little confused as why mine won't work... :(

EDIT: Guess who's an idiot? ME! I uninstalled the whole of my Starbound to try and setup my "Fuels Plus" mod to work with the loader and it worked. I then tried the same "Hats Plus" .zip file and it worked.

I think it might have something to do with name conflicts, as I already had the mod installed in the assets folder and it was trying to load the whole mod and all of it's items again from the mods folder.

Thanks again for this awesome program! :D

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

4. Bestfly

Bestfly Poptop Tamer

I have a question, as you may or may not know some mods on here are in formats other then .zip. So my question is will the mod manager properly install them if I convert say a .rar file to .zip and use it with the mod manager?

5. PXLForce

PXLForce Big Damn Hero

If the mod in question is in a .rar file it is safe to say the author of the mod has not configured it for use with the mod manager, and it won't work. You should request a compatible version from the author.

6. Bestfly

Bestfly Poptop Tamer

Oh alright, thank you for the answer :up:

PXLForce likes this.
  7. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I've got a question, sorry if its been answered already but I looked through the original thread and couldn't find the answer:
    What does it mean when a mod is highlighted in yellow instead of grey or green and a little exclamation mark appears next to it?
    I'm testing out a new mod and this keeps happening

8. PXLForce

PXLForce Big Damn Hero

I'd like to know the answer to this too. I had noticed this with my mods. Might it be to do with them editing original game files, such as player.config?

9. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Unlikely, I have one mod installed that overrides a lot, and its green
    then again I have one mod that only overrides wheatseeds and thats yellow

10. vailreth

vailreth Big Damn Hero

hello, i am wondering where the installed mod files are stored so i can remove an outdated mod file i am working on and replace it with a new version. also, Thank you for this tool. [Edit] seems it will automatically remove the old mod when its last on the list and conflicting, didnt see this till now, again thanks for the great tool

11. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

there is a mods folder somewhere inside the managers folder

12. KrazyTheFox

The mod is highlighted in yellow when it modifies the same files as a mod higher up in the load order. When you install a mod highlighted in yellow, the mod manager will attempt to merge that and the mod it conflicts with. There will be better feedback for this in the next version, probably on Wednesday, as I have a lot of stuff going on until Tuesday evening.

PXLForce likes this.
  13. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can it merge celestial.config and planetgen.config files?

14. KrazyTheFox

I haven't tried it, but it should merge them just fine. The real issue is if the game will load them from the mods directory. That I don't know about and I know there's been issues with a few of those files. Never hurts to try!

15. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

uhm... the only file that they both share is mod.json :cautious:

16. KrazyTheFox

That's a known bug and can be safely ignored. I'm going to enforce a slightly stricter folder structure for mods in the next update so the mod manager can safely ignore all mod info/source/etc files without declaring a conflict. The mod manager won't create a patch for these mods, as it does ignore certain filetypes already when building the patch, so it's just a visual thing right now. They should both install just fine regardless.

17. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Good to know, but whats this new folder structure? Something the modders need to look out for when releasing for your tool?

18. KrazyTheFox

Right now I allow the mod to have an assets folder, but it isn't necessary. It'll be necessary in the next update so I know which files to grab. Most mods already do this, so there won't be too much to change.

19. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

Just a heads up, when I tried to change my mod to have all its stuff in an assets folder, it led to missing graphics and constant crashing until I manually edited to bootstrap from
    "../mods/Bigger Chests"
    to
    "../mods/Bigger Chests/assets"
    right now my mod won't work with your manager if I put in the assets folder

20. KrazyTheFox

What's your archive's folder structure look like? The assets folder should be the first thing inside the archive and shouldn't be contained in another folder. If it is packaged correctly, send it my way and I can take a look at it to see what's not working right.

I'll see about making the assets folder detection a bit better in upcoming versions as well. Having it search out subdirectories wouldn't be too hard.

Edit: When the archive gets extracted to the mods directory in your game folder, it shouldn't have an assets folder. The contents of the assets folder should get extracted to the folder for the mod.

Here's what my coffee mod looks like when extracted:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.