1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound Meme?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by PastorJaxxon, Feb 10, 2014.

1. PastorJaxxon

PastorJaxxon Star Wrangler

I feel like even though star bound isn't even a full game yet, its big enough that star bound memes are needed. Any ideas?
    *Edit - Due to a lot of things talking about forcing a meme, this is mainly just to see what you guys could come up with. Just for fun.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. Wintermaulz

Wintermaulz Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]

Shock, janovick, LethalShade and 17 others like this.
  3. Firetempest

Firetempest Big Damn Hero

4. Sophia Aetheria

Sophia Aetheria Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Must everything have memes? Can't we enjoy the technical, cultural and social significance of something without needing to create juvenile phrases accompanied by silly art for anything anymore? I'm so sick of memes. Though, I guess not everyone is, since they're still wildly popular. So, carry on, I guess?

5. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

6. You can't really force memes. It doesn't work like that.

7. PastorJaxxon

Yeah i guess u have a point, i shoulda worded it more like, does anyone have any star bound memes that they've made.

8. Raybrandt

Raybrandt Jackpot!

Can I vomit profusely?

You don't fucking need 'memes' for ANYTHING. Hell, the actual meaning of 'meme' is lost on most people.

And once again, there's a difference between an actual 'meme' and a simple image macro.

Actually, yeah, vomiting sounds good right about now. Please... just... no. No. No.

RexBox, Hazmat, SolidSnake and 9 others like this.
  9. PastorJaxxon

U mad bro?

Freakscar likes this.
  10. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

What a thoughtful and unique argument :rolleyes:

OP: Sure, memes are great, but forced attempts aren't memes, just sad

11. PastorJaxxon

Yeah i gotcha, ill admit it was stupid of me to try to force a meme, i was just curious to see what people could come up with haha, my bad.

12. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Don't feel bad, they still gave me a chuckle. They are definitely relatable

13. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

Hah....you're forgetting that you're dealing with the Internet, here. Starbound has already fallen victim of "Rule 34," so it's no surprise memes will come at one point or another. Nothing is sacred. :confused:

14. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

15. ThisIsGoobly

ThisIsGoobly Phantasmal Quasar

Please, let's not have any memes. I could be mean about it and admit how I think you're an idiot but I shall not, friendo.

16. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

I feel like a better way to phrase this thread would be "Starbound Joke Thread", as the word "Meme" has devolved into a miserable semblance of jokes.
    That being said:

Starbound.exe has stopped working.
    *Check log*
    Forgot one comma in one script while modding one item.
    [​IMG]

17. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

18. PastorJaxxon

Award goes to cyberspy:rofl: for making me laugh the most with these quality pieces of art.

19. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I am the master of image macros.

I also don't care if certain people hate them :/ .

20. FLOknows

FLOknows Subatomic Cosmonaut

Richard dawkins needs to take that word back from the internet. It's been seriously bastardized and now every teenager thinks "meme" means "one of those silly pictures with the white letters."