Starbound changelogs and release notes

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Mister Green, Dec 10, 2013.

1. LegendOfSen

LegendOfSen Phantasmal Quasar

Anyone know how creature taming will work yet?

2. theCrius

theCrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A lot of people need to know the meaning of beta and to read before buy it seems.

Please play something else while who really love this game do the hard work debugging it.

Thanks.

EkoSlam, kursku, Bolo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sophiera

Sophiera Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm not sure if it's intentional, but whenever I beam down a planet it resets to morning.

metaspy likes this.
  4. Hangman

Hangman Aquatic Astronaut

The wood to fuel ratio is a very good idea.

I'm only asking, so please don't take offense.
    Do you think perhaps you got into the mentality of ignoring coal for the most part, once it had served its purpose Metaspy?.
    I tended to mine all ores when i came across a plot of it that i felt deserved my time to mine it, beyond the need for it.
    I had tonnes of copper, iron along with the coal(after making adequate steel).

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

PS: Hat off to Mr.Green, thanks for doing this :)

5. Napfkuchen!

Napfkuchen! Space Hobo

A lot of people need to know the meaning of misinterpretation.
    Didn't say it is a worst case scenario, just a little bit frustrating.

6. Mister Green

Mister Green Phantasmal Quasar

Don't get attached to any of your characters. :)

7. Sophiera

Sophiera Subatomic Cosmonaut

For some reason I'm finding every other ore except iron :rofl: Talk about bad luck

8. InDLegacy

InDLegacy Aquatic Astronaut

Most people can't help it.

9. mcsper

mcsper Void-Bound Voyager

is this a thing?

10. metaspy

metaspy Void-Bound Voyager

At first i thought this might be the case, but no. Today I mined every last ore i came across on my starter planet... after making torches to continue mining - I ended with 124. Even when you factor that you get 2 fuel to 1 coal, it is barely enough to jump in solar system, not enough to jump to the closest system.

Soooooo no. There needs to be a change to the fueling system or make coal MUCH MUCH more available.

11. Inque

Inque Space Spelunker

I appreciate the post. thanks

12. Steambus

Steambus Yeah, You!

I read about grappling hooks, now I must find one.

13. crimison

crimison Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not seeing a thread for current bugs with the new patch. Looks like the 3-D printer is eating any thing I try and scan without learning it. :(
    Also, would LOVE to see a key-remaping interface!

14. D1Tremere

D1Tremere Seal Broken

Twitter feed says there's now a bug with weapon damage. It implies there will be a patch today, which may require another wipe.

15. Mister Green

Could very well be. Although I think they'll wait untill they have a bigger update.

16. Niozonbi

Niozonbi Orbital Explorer

If you go up high enough there's asteroids with uranium on it, uranium is better than coal when it comes to fuel.
    Personally I used the butterfly jump to fly up there, but building is another way, just be sure to bring a couple of campfires, it's cold in space.

17. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

Great work! But you're missing the upcoming patch's changelog.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/1sk87d/12102013_changelog_v_frustrated_koala/

Mister Green likes this.
  18. Mister Green

Shadow86 likes this.
  19. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

No problem!

20. yardik

yardik Void-Bound Voyager

From what I can get on twitter (@StarboundGame) is saying that 'There MAY not' be a wipe today and that the patch is coming 'soon'.

Starbound ‏@StarboundGame 2h
    Today's update MAY not require a character wipe, but we will need to do at least one more character wipe in the future. @kyrenn says sorry!