1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noelz

noelz Orbital Explorer

Blocks and Ores
    When you mine sand under a tree, the tree just disappears without giving any wood

+

When you have a group and you are underground you can always port yourself to the ship of your teammate

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  2. Gimp.exe

Gimp.exe Orbital Explorer

Items without descriptions:
    testflower5
    testbush with
    testflower7
    vine with starry

3. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Updated everything! Good work!

4. dibdab

dibdab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You need 4 diamond ore to make 1 diamond, whereas other ores only use 2 for a bar. Might be intended seems unlikely since you still need 8 diamonds to make a pickaxe (same amount of bars as other pickaxes) and diamond ore is so rare, so don't see why you would need more diamond ore to make bars then any other ore.

5. Master_Discord

Master_Discord Big Damn Hero

Add the "Unwanted Dinnertray" to items without a description
    Scavengers Grieves should be Scavengers Greaves
    If you press escape while resurrecting, you will often see the planet for a second, then your ship.
    Food bar still does not show after every food item eaten, though ALT works.
    Should bananas be inedible to humans? Mine seems fine with them
    Consoles in the ship should be either in the background layer or movable. They make a lot of unusable space in front of them. The pick/MM work on them, but nothing happens.
    If left open, the ship inventory will eventually play the 'close chest' sound even though it remains open.

Suggested fix for complaints about using plant fibers for bandages: Mention that the Matter Manipulator is used as a tool in certain crafting recipes to refine materials. Not like you can split logs or cut stone with your bare hands.

6. Min3CraftDud3

Min3CraftDud3 Void-Bound Voyager

Upon clicking the exit button(or exiting the game period) i get these errors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I then have to end the process in Task Manager to close the starbound.exe

7. Stormsson

Stormsson Astral Cartographer

I can't see it written, even if it's a known one:
    • on osx the menu does not appear, you have to resize the window to make it show
    Blueprints duplication
    • While playing with a friend, he was able to duplicate the blueprints. To reproduce simply put the blueprint in the scanner, push craft or exit, and another one appeared in the inventory (and the one in the scanner was still there)
    Server connection
    • On Osx - Maverick, if you click "connect to server" without having the server address and/or password compiled it crashes instantly

8. Sinvoid

Sinvoid Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks man I really appreciate that.
    Also that's unfortunate... it'd be nice to combine some.

9. Stormsson

Oh, another one:
    • Sometimes (randomly it seems,after the first time) if you eat more than one piece of meat , the ones after the first one do not make you full

10. Tarkinor

Tarkinor Subatomic Cosmonaut

The bug with the insta-kill in Tier 3 with full steel armor also has a strange issue where sometimes damage that wouldn't kill you normally (not blocking) will kill you instantly simply because you're blocking

(I tested this on numerous enemies in Tier 3 that wouldn't kill me if I wasn't blocking, but insta killed me when I was)

11. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

It just seems that all shields lack description...

12. Tarkinor

Tarkinor Subatomic Cosmonaut

They do

13. Master_Discord

Bolt Bulb and Bolt Bulb Seed have their descriptions reversed. Grown bulbs says "grows Bolt Bulb", while seeds do not.

14. Master_Discord

Some items look identical but don't stack. Steel platforms I gathered from two underground bases (light metal plates with a red emergency light, lots of flasks and some 'cool' furniture on the bottom) do not stack with each other, though they look identical. Similar with two stacks of cobble stone, both well under 1000, they are identical to the eye but they don't combine.

15. Bludgeoner86

Bludgeoner86 Intergalactic Tourist

I don't know if this is a bug, but if you leave blocks around they disappear after several seconds.

Like if you chop down a tree (you're still in the area) or hit some dirt blocks loose but don't collect them right away they will disappear.
    This doesn't happen underground at a certain level I don't think, however.

16. TurboNutta

TurboNutta Void-Bound Voyager

I noticed that resizing the window (when playing the game in windowed mode) makes the game start a new background music track.

Also the first time I did resize it, I got the ol' cascade of runtime errors and crash to desktop :p

Very sad because that crash ate a bunch of books I'd found in a Floran town and had just placed in a Primitive Bookshelf (also stolen from the Florans :p ) before I found out how to make them readable :(
    So possible bug there? Or perhaps just consequence of the crash. Lost the contents of one full container, but I think I had just placed them before the crash, so might have just crashed before world save but after character save? They didn't show up back in my inventory :(

17. Stormsson

The stone axe does not lose durability

18. Master_Discord

"The stone axe does not lose durability" Possibly not a bug, it may be due to the fact that there's no 'cobblestone ore'. It's already as slow as it gets.

Bone blocks show up twice in my crafting table recipe list.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. Stormsson

well, the stone PICKAXE does lose durability...

20. Tehpootisman

Tehpootisman Void-Bound Voyager

I have this one bug where whenever I sit in the seat in the cockpit my game becomes slightly unresponsive and the countinuously turns black, but stops when I exit the chair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.