1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Bro, write more of this stuff. You're doing good

2. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, I suppose that should be considered a bug, even though it's more of a case of the message providing inaccurate information. The issue you're facing is that the inactive robot is too close to some form of wall/ceiling. You can't have blocks within a certain radius of the object (at least, not on the sides/top). I don't know the exact distance, but it's somewhere in the region of 15-20 blocks on either side.

3. Waspor

Waspor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh. Guess they changed that since last time I ran that boss, good to know :p

4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

When a female player inspects themself, they say "This guy seems to have nothing to say for himself."
    Probably the same when other players do it too.

[EDIT] Also, damage numbers glow in the dark, letting you see into dark caves. That is silly!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  5. Krosis1099

Krosis1099 Space Hobo

You just wrote what happens when i play

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

The (Robotic Crafting Table, Spinning Wheel, Creature Capture Station, Kitchen Counter, Tech Selection, Pixel Printer and Teleporter) menus do not disappear when leaving their vicinity, even if you teleport away (from your ship at least). All can still be used except the teleporter.

Flags need 3 blocks of flat, empty ground to place, even though their flagpoles are just one block wide.
    [EDIT] This last one works for other peoples.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. Ovyerus

Ovyerus Cosmic Narwhal

Using the (Unstable) version of Starbound, when cooking meat on a campfire or smelting ores in a furnace, the little 'progress bar' overlay on the item does go down to show that the meat/ore is cooking/smelting but the number of the items doesn't go down, and no items appear in the smelted state, but if I click on the empty space where the smelted/cooked item should show up after everything is done smelting/cooking, the raw ingrediants dissapear and the cooked/smelted items appear.

Also, I am not using any mods.

EDIT: This only happens in the unstable version.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Traijan likes this.
  8. Traijan

Traijan Cosmic Narwhal

Good to know it's not just me that experiences this weirdness in the campfire and furnace. I've been looking around trying to find out if it's a bug in the game or perhaps a mod that I was using. At first I thought I was losing items when smelting or cooking until I accidentally clicked on the finished product box and found some metal bars attached to my cursor.

Ovyerus likes this.
  9. Ollobrains

Ollobrains Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Furance work fine on servers but theres been no patch on the single player side

10. Mianus Star

Mianus Star Aquatic Astronaut

I've been playing Starbound for absolutely ages, and have not seen many bugs. However I have seen a very tiny winey minor bug: Its to do with the background. When I teleported to my ship during a lightning storm, I just happened to time it as forked lightning appeared in the sky. When I got to my ship that same lightning was in space and would not disappear.

So it's nothing really, but I'd thought to let you awesome guys and gals know.

Oh, I am on Windows 7, 64bit. Using Vanilla Satrbound Enraged Koala.

Ovyerus and Alucard I like this.
  11. Alucard I

This I like

12. Kahzel

Kahzel Big Damn Hero

the "When using two handed weapon with some effect (poison, lightning etc) LMB works normally, but with RMB it's different effect" bug in the weapons/items category is actually a planned feature, as the generatedweapon files give a random effect to both main attack and alt attack, which are usually different.

13. Alucard I

?????
    Can you show us where it's written?

14. Kahzel

Kahzel Big Damn Hero

I unpacked the assets today, and they changed a bit. The code used to be like this:

Code:
    "primaryStances" : {
        "directional" : true,
        "projectileTypes" : [ "poisonaxe", "electricaxe", "fireaxe" ],
        "projectile" : {
          "speed" : 0.5
        },
    //stuff
    "altStances" : {
        "directional" : true,
        "projectileTypes" : [ "poisonaxe", "electricaxe", "fireaxe" ],
        "projectile" : {
          "speed" : 0.5
        },
    //stuff

Which gave both primary attack and alt attack a projectile type (aka an effect). Now, with the update that was ninja-pushed today to stable, the "altStances" part has been removed, so now the weapons should have one effect only, since they have only one attack.

15. Zhi'ka

Zhi'ka Void-Bound Voyager

Hello Alucard I! I have some overlooked features to share with you. The following is tested within the Enraged Koala build.

- NPC, enemies and fights with them -

Client crashes, seemingly at random upon killing NPC Villagers. This seems to happen most when said Villagers are cornered. Does not seem to occur with Guards. Kills were made using Melee weapons exclusively.

- Typos - (Questionable to be placed under this section, can be merged along with the "NPC, enemies and fights with them" section)

Agarans yell "You again!" when facing wildlife. This is strange since the Universal Translator does not understand Agaran-speak properly (We might need to consult Razey, The One Who Writes[!] regarding this).

Thank you so much for your efforts, Alucard I. I hope I've helped in a manner or another.

Alucard I likes this.
  16. Cameron_David

Cameron_David Void-Bound Voyager

When I hold a non-crafted one-handed weapon my arm seems to flip upside down

17. Alucard I

Take a picture of this event please!

18. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

I've got a new typo for you. Either that or my robot was just molested by an insubstantial, yet quite optimistic, concept.

[​IMG]

Sorry about the white space, I seem to have resized the image but not the canvas.

So, yeah, I guess the way I'd define this problem for your list on the front page is:

When the "Event Memo" item is examined by a Glitch, the word "fills" is written as "feels".

Alucard I likes this.
  19. jaw2233

jaw2233 Void-Bound Voyager

my world has been cut off on all sides I can't interact with anything or play realy!

20. Alucard I

Give us the picture, please!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.