1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HexZyle

HexZyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think pictures are needed for that, it sounds like a plausible although difficult to reproduce bug: it sounds like it's relevant to the loading and unloading of chunks: it's possible an item was saved to a chunk as it fell through it, then later loaded from that chunk even though it had already moved to the chunk below.

Similar issues can occur when a planet is hibernating (the server saves to disk any planet that doesn't currently have players occupying it) and even on the player's ship if the game crashes just as the player mines blocks: the block remains on the ship but a dropped copy is in the player's inventory.

2. WilliamC

WilliamC Void-Bound Voyager

Moons are currently violating the laws of nature. I found an airship and was able to grow trees on them. The cords are X: -760405, Y: 90428113.

Attached Files:

3. HexZyle

What about the ability to place torches on moons an asteroids? Or the gravity that asteroids apparently have? Or the clouds over asteroids and moons? As well as the ability to farm plants underground when photosynthesis cannot occur?

These aren't bugs, the alternative just hasn't been implemented yet.

Alucard I likes this.
  4. Monkey Knig

Monkey Knig Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks like planets don't always clear a space before dropping down cultist shrines. I found this on -112, 124 X Mu Nor Minoris IV.

Attached Files:

5. MrRex

MrRex Astral Cartographer

Trees:
    Mushroom tree saplings and metal tree saplings (and maybe others) will sometimes disappear (only on server), after you plant them, if you go to far away from them, in the first 2 stages of seed growth (see pic).
    1.png 2.png

Mushroom trees only drop one strange seed when chopped down (IDK if intentional or bug.....)

Crops:
    Some crop seeds cant be placed if you just grab them out of your pack to place them (sorry I dont know the conditions for when this happens but I will post it if I find out)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  6. HexZyle

So THAT'S what happened. I thought someone stole my metal tree (lucky I only planted one of the two that I had)

7. WilliamC

WilliamC Void-Bound Voyager

I found another weird bug which I think might be caused by two different biomes, hovering water. Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

8. Hessmix

Hessmix Orbital Explorer

Using Steam, Unstable version just had an update, Stone Furnace won't show ores being turned into bars. The timer effect plays over the ore window but nothing happens. Only when you click on the ore does the bar window update. Pics included are taken over about...1 minute

Attached Files:

Yzzey and DukeSkath like this.
  9. DukeSkath

DukeSkath Seal Broken

Yes, I'm experiencing this as well. Also on unstable version.

10. Lelouch9796

Lelouch9796 2.7182818284590...

No idea if this was posted yet or not but I really didn't feel like sifting though 124 pages of posts and I didn't see it on the first post with the lists...

Item destruction glitch. Falling fine sand that falls on an oil lamp that is place on the ground is destroyed rather than flowing over it causing large amounts of sand to be quickly removed.

11. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Was posted. Instead of listing all 124 pages, you can simply read my OP.

12. eliure

eliure Void-Bound Voyager

i start up the game and it says it needs a disc.
    i put any disc into the drive press the continue option.
    game starts.

question
    why does a downloadable game that has never been on a disc have disc check when i start it up?

13. lonelyhornet

lonelyhornet Title Not Found

I believe when you open a stone furnace or something of the like such as the ship's fuel tank-thingy, when you place an item in there and your internet gets disconnected you must quit and rejoin (server) and the item is gone from your inventory and hasnt been used up in the furnace (etc).
    Eg.
    Putting coal into the ship's fuel-thing, then internet crashes just as it opens / before its closed I must save & quit, then rejoin and the coal is gone from my inventory and the fuel has not been filled.

Further testing of this may be needed for clarifiaction and assurance on the problem.

14. Crystalorbie

Crystalorbie Aquatic Astronaut

Umm, is there no enemy limit per area in dungeons? I mean I found these, Lag bones.png LAG of deathbirds.png
    which are about 40+ skeleton birds, some of which are in an area thats unloaded. I am using a few tricks like 4x zoom openGL and no steam overlay to reduce the stress a little, but wow.

I wouldn't mind fighting that many enemies, but holy cow the framerate drops to a bloody crawl with this many in so tiny a space.

I had also fought (through several reloads) about 50+ more of them to get this far. At the very least, I didn't get touched once because the low framerate kept them from attacking or really moving and I easily mowed them down, but then I had the problem of waiting 10 minutes for the bodies to burst into pixels and whatever else they dropped.

Markelius and Alucard I like this.
  15. penguin055

penguin055 Pangalactic Porcupine

I also get this bug. Very annoying.

16. HexZyle

I have 53 codices learned and I no longer have the ones that you get when you start (nor the UFO boss log, although I have the others)
    There may be others missing, but I can't tell which ones. I am on single player, the only place I learn codices, so it's not like I learned them on a server or anything, they've disappeared somewhere along the line, whether due to saving issues, or if you reach a "maximum" and it starts deleting after that.

17. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

So were your codexes deleted or what

18. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

19. Waspor

Waspor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm using the unstable version, and the T2 boss won't activate sometimes. When I click it, it acts like I'm on my ship, even when I'm on the surface. I wanted to take a picture, but when I tried, that was the one time it worked. >_>

20. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Can i ask that all the bugs in this list be revised? There are multiple duplicates, and some bugs are fixed but are not marked as so. Maybe you should start a new list with every patch, and keep the old list for reference.

Bug Dump Time!
    If you're playing a song while moving really fast (ie using energy dash), the music will fail to catch up with you, and it'll go silent for a second while it readjusts to your position.

Game music plays while the player is playing instruments. I think the game music should fade out when you start playing.

The icons on armour descriptions for Energy Total and Energy Regen (or whatever they are) seem to be mixed up. Helms give a boost to total energy, but their icon seems to suggest energy regen. Vice versa for legwear.

Turrets cost 1px in the printer when they are unlocked, which can be used to easily defeat bosses.

The descriptions of (All four stimpacks, the Floran Broken Cage, the Glitch bed, the Primitive Tanning Rack, the Avian Eye Tombstone, the Decorative Bird Mask) lack ending punctuation.
    The list says Cellmatter has a placeholder description; Cell Materia (a different item!) also has one, check to see if Cellmatter actually does have one or if it was mistaken for cell materia.
    The Morphball tech (and possible others) says you need to press F to use it, even if you've rebound the Use Tech button.
    The Alarm light has a placeholder description.
    The description of various wire gates contains <>'s and //'s, which it probably shouldn't.
    Gold and Silver ore does not say it can be used for repairs in it's description, yet Copper and Diamond ore does. Unsure about platinum.
    The description of the Sewer Flood Door says it's a wooden door, when it is clearly not.
    The description of the Glitch Torch says it's a 'simple wooden torch', when it looks metal.
    The description of the Glitch Chair has a fullstop/period and a space the wrong way around.
    The Floran Primitive Toilet's description does not begin with a capital, but that might not matter as it begins with an ellipsis.
    The description of (the Avian Closet, the Avian Emblem) ends in two fullstops/periods instead of one or an ellipsis.

(All four types of decorative Pipes, all graffiti) have the icon of a painting.

Various forms of Graffiti all have names that are too similar, and the "Get Out While You Still Can" graffiti has a full stop/period in it's name.
    (The Fireflower, Flourescent Light) has a full stop/period in it's name.
    (The Floran plantbiolight, the Floran planttorch) have an uncapitalised name that is probably a placeholder.
    Both types of Agaran Vine Lights have not capitalised the word "lights" in their names.
    (The A Log, the Floran A Shelf, the Floran A Table) should probably not have the word "A" in it's name.
    The Floran "A torch." ends in a full stop/period, doesn't capitalise the word "torch" and should probably not have the word "A" in it's name.

Various descriptions overshoot their right-hand border, the letter limit might need to be reduced by one or two.
    The names of some items are too long, and overshoot their box in the crafting menus/pixel printer. There seems to be unused space below each item's name, perhaps the long names could extend onto that?

The Avian Bunny Altar takes much longer to mine than anything else, although this might be because it's supposedly a warning to graverobbers. The list here says it doesn't drop, but it always has done for me, maybe they didn't try long enough?

The Outhouse found above sewer dungeons is a container. Who stores things in an outhouse?

The Glitch version of the Anvil can't be upgraded to a Metalwork station, which might confuse some players.

If you pick up a stack of placeable items/blocks in your inventory window while holding an instrument, when you place the last one it will bring up the song window.

Monsters, even passive ones, that are hurt by poisonous water cause the combat music to start.

These wooden stalagmites/ctites look like and drop wood, but my character thinks they're stone.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993670038/screenshot/3298067736652997774

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    Alucard I likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.