1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joethecat

Joethecat Aquatic Astronaut

If your willing to lose all your data i went and deleted my player data, mod folder, and universe data and it fixed mine. Deleting my post before though.

2. Juke4

Juke4 Space Hobo

I logged into starbound today and all my sectors had disappeared. Like i had up to sector X unlocked and now theres only alpha unlocked and the other ones dont even show up like its not like they're unavailable they just like arent shown at all. very frustrating thanks for any help i wasnt sure where to post so i came here.

3. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Are you playing nightly version?

4. madkapkitty

madkapkitty Space Hobo

I didn't noticed this mentioned anywhere so I apologize if it has been. I haven't observed any real issues in my game but my son has in his game. We are both playing the beta on our individual PCs. He has on two separate occasions in his game come across Agaran villages. Each time there has been a bug. The first time after returning to the game after a save the planet a had shifted and the village was no longer there, neither were any of the items he had purchased there. He did still have mushroom blocks and blueprints as proof he wasn't totally making it up. The second time occurred with a different character. This character and the entire planet disappeared when he logged onto play again following the discovery of Agarans. Are Agarans just bad luck for him?

5. Alucard I

I have never seen or heard anything like this before. Since I can't help you to fix this problem, I'll add it to the OP.

6. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure if these are bugs for nightly builds, but... The stable and unstable builds work fine, but the nightly build crashes right at launch, for me.
    Running OS 10.8.5 on a Macbook Pro. If there is a better place to post this, I'll be happy to put it there, instead.

I know this is mentioned in the post, but since it only happens with nightly, wasn't sure if it might be a different crash.

7. RustyJ

RustyJ Big Damn Hero

I don't know if this has been posted before but when I start the game on nightly and once I've done the things to get beam down to the first planet there is no copper anywhere to be found on the whole planet and you need it to get off the planet.

8. nekon

nekon Void-Bound Voyager

dig deeper! :)

9. RustyJ

RustyJ Big Damn Hero

My bad i dug to the bottom on two characters and foung nothing but that must of been bad luck. I found some on the third.

10. Ariexe

Ariexe Pangalactic Porcupine

I need to know if the healing bomb bug that crashes your game still works. Its an effective way to get rid of greifers

11. Star Mc. Bound

Star Mc. Bound Pangalactic Porcupine

Sitting in another ship and using their console to fly somewhere uses their fuel, but flies your ship instead of their ship.

12. Alucard I

known. Wasn't fixed yet.

Star Mc. Bound likes this.
  13. xalar

xalar Big Damn Hero

if you make a new character and you fix all that you can, you can click the teleport button on the side of the screen and you will go to the planet, and the pop up window wont go away until you hit the X button

14. Lyze

Lyze Subatomic Cosmonaut

On the nightly, every so often when sand collapses I'm left with a single clump of sand vibrating at about infinity rpms. Its sitting atop the already settled sand like it can't decide which way to fall. Seems to happen when sand starts to fall and I run to one side so it's happening off screen. Can't get it to replicate reliably to isolate it.

15. iidannyboyii

iidannyboyii Void-Bound Voyager

My nightly won't even start, i mean i get the launcher, but as soon as i try to launch starbound it crashes, from event log:

Faulting application name: starbound.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x53cc8ef2
    Faulting module name: starbound.exe, version: 0.9.0.0, time stamp: 0x53cc8ef2
    Exception code: 0x40000015
    Fault offset: 0x004d94fc
    Faulting process id: 0x4d4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa50fe9f83d92
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound.exe
    Report Id: 28eb5173-1103-11e4-beae-00268317f0ea
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

16. Kentoz

Kentoz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm playing the nightly version with a clean install, and I've suddenly noticed platform tiles are invisible. I've tried both wood and metal platforms, and I can step on them and use them, but they otherwise are not showing up besides in my inventory.

Apologies if nightly version bug reports go elsewhere.

17. Promisha

Promisha Master Chief

Current Nightly Build... No copper on starting planet. Spent a good amount of time digging down the same tunnel after having farmed food and bandages etc. Have burned through 3 and half pick axes :<

18. Alucard I

Did I maybe forgot to post that this thread is not for nightly builds? Nope, I actually wrote it in the OP. Weird, why do people continue posting then?

19. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

Where should they post for the nightly builds?

20. Alucard I

Nowhere? I don't know. nightly builds are broken and devs are aware of it. Why post bugs if they're already known to developers? And I created this thread for official releases. This thread is an archive of bugs that were fixed and there we help others fix them. So I see no need in writing bugs that are most likely to be fixed in next release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.