1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Starbound BETA: Bugs Database LU 8.29.14 (Not for nightly)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alucard I, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Are *you* helping developers to fix all the bugs?

1. Of course! I'm the most helpful here! :)

69.7%
  2. Nah, I'm too busy playing this awesome game. :D

30.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Uninstall the game
    Remove nightly switch in Betas tab
    Download the game again

2. epicness403

epicness403 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Then would I need to restore my backup.

3. Alucard I

You can save it before you delete the game, yeah.

4. Ice Forge

Ice Forge Space Hobo

Heya error im getting trying to run the OPENGL version of the nightly ( stable and test versions runs fine, but the nightly either versions crashes with simular errors )
    [​IMG]

not sure if the link works properly, getting confused by forums these days ^^

5. Alucard I

all nightly versions are somewhat broken. That's why @mollygos asked not to post bugs in these versions, because devs are very well aware of them.

6. Ice Forge

Ice Forge Space Hobo

Hm yeh figured as much, but not getting it to even start due to a weird error in the launch seems a bit excessive as several patches have happened since i enabled it and still getting the same error without been able to get past the main menu?

Do they have a specific public board for the nightly discussions ? ( couldnt find one ) or are there none for it?

7. Alucard I

There are none. Nightly versions are terribly broken and aren't even officially out yet. They were made just to show other players what devs have done so far. There are some threads about nightly versions, but they mostly discuss what people found.
    Also the pic you posted is broken.

8. Ice Forge

Ice Forge Space Hobo

Aight cheers for the info.

And right click it and open in a new tab worked... dunno what went wrong with the preview or whatnot.. ^^

9. 31jarey

31jarey Star Wrangler

I found a small bug and it involves the titanium chair. Now when you try to rotate the chair the titanium chai looks like it did not rotate but when you sit on it you sit the opposite way.

10. Alucard I

It's been listed :)

11. Pheloniousmonk

Pheloniousmonk Starship Captain

I have an issue concerning the new June 30th Nightly build; it seems no monsters are doing damage to me. I created a new character (the planet took 5+ minutes to load before I could even leave the ship) and when I arrive on the planet none of the mobs do damage to me; despite 5-6 of them using all sorts of abilities. I am immune to damage for some reason....?

Then once I made it to the third quest it game crashes..... the quest that has you cook meat; just after making a wooden crafting table.... The game now loads then instantly shuts down

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  12. ratatuli

ratatuli Master Chief

I cant mine cobble with the matter manipulator in the nightly build WOOT WOOT

13. ratatuli

ratatuli Master Chief

That is not a bug do /ruinthefun to get off ur admin privileges

14. Alucard I

this place is not for nightly builds.

15. ratatuli

ratatuli Master Chief

Sry im just....going out.....:proper:

16. tambre

tambre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

RatixFarrence likes this.
  17. avendarian

avendarian Void-Bound Voyager

having a wierd error trying to load game.... recently had to restore my computer because of a crash and when i tried to run starbound it gives me the following error:

StarException: An error occurred during loading: StarException:
    Duplicate particle aset kind Name freezingwatermesge. configfile
    /statuseffects/freezingwatermessage.particle
    ParticleDatabase::load()
    Root::reload()
    _Function_handler<void (),
    _Bind<ClientApplication::preSplashInitialization()::{lambda()#1} ()>
    >::(_Any_data)
    ThreadImpl::runThrean(void*)
    BaseThreadInitThunk
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    RtlInitializeExceptionChain

ClientApplication::postSplashInitialization()
    ClientApplication::update()
    StarApplicationBase::run()
    _SDL_main
    _console_main

Runs upto the chucklefih splashscreen but then fails to load/initialise game

18. Alucard I

Big-Bang Update of Fixed Bugs!
    It's been a long time since I asked someone to check the list, yet they were too busy :yeahhhh:
    I finally got my hands on it.
    Behold!

RatixFarrence likes this.
  19. naps420

naps420 Big Damn Hero

So I tried looking at the master bug list in the first post and didn't see this mentioned, so figured I'd say something. I am just playing the normal beta build as well, not doing the nightlies.

So it seems when I build, items will randomly just break. I built a little safe house on the first planet I was at, everything was fine. Night time comes and I hide up in my shelter only to notice random items breaking that I had placed. At first, it was just a few of my torches, then my furnace went, then my bed. I picked it all up and re-placed it, then once morning came I left to explore some more. As night time started to come, I return to my house to find my furnace gone, most of the torches I placed gone, my campfire outside my hut was gone as well as some other random items.

Is this a known bug? Any workaround?

20. Alucard I

Was it rainy outside? What you wrote sounds like water touching those objects, after what they break.

RatixFarrence and janusforbeare like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.