1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoiler!] Map for outpost arcade game

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Varixai, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]

Based on data in the file: assets\objects\generic\arcadegame\arcadegamegui.lua

I actually created this map in Excel, mostly for kicks and experience, after I saw people in various places asking for instructions or a map. (Winning this is needed for the quest Mazebound)

Edit: To be clear, those are windows. More specifically, they are the actual graphics for the ingame windows, just resized and recolored.

Edit 2: Interesting to note - avoid all windows.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    sid3aff3ct, TrueEdge, Vrow and 3 others like this.
  2. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Nice. Should allow people to solve the maze faster than just hugging the left-hand wall.

3. RainDreamer

RainDreamer Existential Complex

So it is hugging the left hand wall but skip 2 openings.

Andr0o likes this.
  4. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

How did you manage to open the .lua file? That's pretty amazing, what you did.

5. SillyMind69

SillyMind69 Void-Bound Voyager

Why?

6. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Because all but 2 of the windows are nowhere near the exit.

7. Nerva

And those two windows are in spitting distance of the exit.

8. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Birds can see electromagnetic waves, and some ones like Pigeons (i'm not sure) can can remember the polarity of the places, that is why they never get lost, THAT A LIE! Because i had to go through the entire maze!

Andr0o likes this.
  9. Nerva

There are some birds can sense electromagnetism and have excellent senses of direction.

Then there are birds like this:

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  10. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Glass are hard to see okay! also, this freaking glass don't emit electromagnetic waves! that is why we use resonance crystals u-u a lot easier to notice

11. taikina

taikina Subatomic Cosmonaut

i beat this so many times. it's just there and i have to click it, then i'm just there and i have to finish it.