Space Station Rec Room

Discussion in 'Other' started by Starheaven07, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Just a place for people to hang out in Multiplayer when they aren't exploring or building or whatever is is players do
    Just a simple lounge with a BGM Jukebox and a pinball/arcade machine with a simple game, and high scores
    Some comfy looking sofas pushed against the wall and other loungey things

On Multiplayer servers the players might like a place to hang out when they are not doing something, waiting for someone to get on, form groups for planets etc

If such a room were to exist what would you guys like to see in it
    be reasonable of course

2. Ghoschief

Ghoschief Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, its a good idea.

3. Bonoshman

Bonoshman Big Damn Hero

Maybe you could be able to get an NPC you could rent/buy game machines and stuff. Who knows??

4. richsaver

richsaver Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah, would be pretty cool to have a relaxing room where we can chill with people!

5. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Perhaps you could customize this room depending on certain research you do or items you find to change its appearance and what is available, which would be a way for servers to show off how good or developed they are.

XRiZUX likes this.
  6. Kyden23

Kyden23 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Dude what the hell? Where'd this awesome idea come from? Sign me up for I want one!

CyberDog likes this.
  7. shadowcrazy

shadowcrazy Phantasmal Quasar

I'd like to do you one better and maybe play with your idea a bit here...apologies if it offends you I hope it doesn't.

how about in the space station we have a special room that's for each player/character? this would be your personalized room where you can buy room expansions, furniture, and a jukebox that MAYBE can play your mp3s that are in your music folder. this room would be instanced which means that NOBODY but YOU and people you bring with you are allowed to enter.

you'd have a special "sit" animation to use on the couch items, maybe there could be more minigames that just that pinball game, and your idea of using the logbook research entries to change it's appearance is a good idea as well.

maybe we could have a "model kit" item that would show off a planet of your choosing and everything that's inside of it...you could even zoom so far in that it looks like you're in the very planet...or maybe just get a telescope item :p

but yeah I like your idea for the space station that sounds righteous

XRiZUX likes this.
  8. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

There's definitely nothing wrong with expanding on an idea. The way you stated would be a bit too personal for my tastes, but it has it's own strengths as well. It's this kind of sideways development on ideas that lets people come up with the optimal solution.

XRiZUX and shadowcrazy like this.
  9. SuperWillieD

SuperWillieD Pangalactic Porcupine

Static trampoline that bounces you really high!

10. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Wouldn't that be a kinetic trampoline?
    #badsciencejokes

11. Vinnamon_Buns

Vinnamon_Buns Void-Bound Voyager

I think there would be a catalog of items to order for your Rec Room.

Such as vending machine, gumball machines, widescreens, tables, coffee makers, coutnertops, etc.

XRiZUX, Starheaven07 and shadowcrazy like this.
  12. SuperWillieD

Matter Compresser that kills you when you walk in it!

13. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I'm not sure if that would be very relaxing...

14. SuperWillieD

Oh, its very relaxing. Even more:
    Spontaneous combuster
    Enter to BURNNNNNNNN
    Nuff said.

15. NinjaNick

NinjaNick Subatomic Cosmonaut

A place to practice with your new weapons and abilities! And a disco ball of course!

XRiZUX likes this.
  16. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Good ideas here, I like them. :)
    Also this idea, training simulation kind of thing... Not sure how to go about this in a futuristic way, but in the medieval way you would have training stations to hit with your melee weapon and to shoot at with ranged weapon to show the amount of DPS (Damage Per Second).

Example:
    Sims Medieval
    Another Example:
    Sims 3 Adventures (Kung Fu)

17. julian509

julian509 Void-Bound Voyager

i'd like to see NPCs selling you stuff there that give you small buffs, like coffee allowing you to move a little bit faster, or expansions for that room. like a place to practice your weapons and abilities like NinjaNick said. and also a place where sometimes an NPC stands to give you a side quest that you and whoever is with you can complete for a reward like killing a monster, retrieving a lost/stolen item, guarding the NPC while he travels across a planet to a city he needs to go to and a lot more.

18. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

Or a really big box with walls that make it look like a rec-room, it wouldn't be that hard to make this, the only thing is that it would just be a box with random stuff instead of

19. 1.1

1.1 Big Damn Hero

get some lava and some lava proof glass and you have yourself a lava lamp

get some crystals a light bulb a chain and a switch and you got your self a crystal lamp/chandelier thing

20. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

The ghetto has entered starbound