Modding Help Space ship flight speed

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Tridenttri, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Tridenttri

Tridenttri Intergalactic Tourist

can you edit the flight time when your riding a spaceship. I'm making a mod that gives you a massive ship. It makes no sense that you can travel to planets within seconds.

2. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

The "flight time" for the ship is related to how long it takes to load the next world. There sadly isn't any way to affect that aside from faster computers..... is what I would say, but it seems you want to lengthen the trip up to a threshold based on distance. Sadly, I don't think that is possible with the scripting as it is. It is such a specialized function that I doubt they would add the ability to fix that. Any change to the rate of travel right now would have to be in the source code for the game.

I think there is a "to-do" list element for the future involving space combat, you could likely adjust flight speed in that if they do get that done.

The | Suit likes this.
  3. Tridenttri

Then how is there a fast travel mod?

4. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

There is? I haven't looked at mods out there in the past half year or even played the game for more than a couple of minutes on fresh characters to test a mod I'm working on. Now, I suppose there might be something in regards to the teleportation I remember being mentioned at outposts, but that still wouldn't give control to the player for duration, unless you just really bog the system down with a long list of transfers. I sure as hell wouldn't want such a messy system.

5. Tridenttri

I have 1 question. Are you on these forums all day because I saw you commented on pretty much every thread.

6. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

I go here between iterations of testing my mod right now, of which just got the first milestone done after about 4 or 5 days of trial and error.

7. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

sky.config holds the minimum travel time.
    You should see it in disembark path.

But keep in mind this sets time for all ships, not for each ship individually.

Relten and Claith like this.
  8. tridenttriforce

tridenttriforce Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks