1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Songs of Starbound - Songs Pack

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by miago, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Tanglestar

Tanglestar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This seems pretty cool, I'll suggest this song, one of my favorites from ARMA 2 :) Worth a try. Thanks again and keep them coming!

Kisaki likes this.
  2. Nali

Nali Intergalactic Tourist

alright, call me a noob, but will someone post install instructions for me?

3. miago

miago Void-Bound Voyager

It's allright, you can't know anything ! :3
    Juste unzip in the Steam/SteamApp/Comon/Starbound/Assets/Songs Folder an reboot the game

Edit : Songs Of Starbound Vol.2 is out ! Check it out on the first page ! :3

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  4. Nali

Nali Intergalactic Tourist

I hope that's a typo lol

thanks though, I'll be sure to check it out as soon as I get starbound running again!

5. miago

miago Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not english, and my english can be pretty terrible sometimes, sorry >.<
    But is wanted to say : You can know all the things ^^"
    Sorry i'm a little dumb sometimes

6. GSPU

GSPU Phantasmal Quasar

Sush, you're wonderful. And you released the pack JUST when I got to my brother's house.

Sneaky sneaky.

7. imsoMelon

imsoMelon Aquatic Astronaut

HEYYYYY i met you on the server we played a bit, i hope we can be great friends. and got volume 2

8. Skipplet

Skipplet Aquatic Astronaut

:D i want this so badly D: fantastic work mate!

Jak and Fierceflame like this.
  9. Pyro-G

Pyro-G Space Spelunker

I long to find a file with the Liberty Bell March used in monty python

10. HyperMan19680

HyperMan19680 Pangalactic Porcupine

I noticed Vol 2 has the Surfing Theme from RSE, but what about the Bicycle theme? What about Slateport? Those are two I want to see.

11. GabirilosGR

GabirilosGR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

how about a rock/metal pack?

J_Elliott likes this.
  12. J_Elliott

J_Elliott Aquatic Astronaut

hey guys, i was wondering if someone can point me in the direction of a heavy metal .ABC package would be nice :)

13. mod.x

mod.x Master Chief

This is amazing! Do you have any idea if this works in multiplayer without the others having to install the same?

14. Goldenflame

Goldenflame Void-Bound Voyager

15. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

These collections of SOLO songs are a great start.

I really like half of them while the other half "just does nothing too me" (not caring for FinalFantasy), is too noisy or has something that bugs me enough not to be a GOOD solo instrument version. a collection where i keep half of all files is great.

Songs I care too much about:
    - Where did you find these 2 PvZ songs? I failed to find those searching for them. i found others though.
    - "CrashW - China" sounds like someone randomly hits keyboard keys. because i don't know its song and its a single instrument version. avoid such songs.
    - "morrowind" starts with a z125/8 z3/4 break, 15 full breaks are way too long silence at the start. z3/4 is enough.
    - Your "nyancat" makes many other versions of it sound bad in comparison.
    - "Megaman 1 - Cutman" is just too noisy for a single instrument track. needs simplified version
    - "Megaman 2 - Dr Willy Stage 2" is begging for a more simplified version just to have better timing.
    - "Super Mario Land Medley" is a bad idea ONLY because its a medley.
    - For "caramelldansen" I prefer my version a bit. i did not make its midi/abc, its just a better one for starbound. yours is too simplified. it noticably loses tempo at the trickier parts while mine uses different octaves more efficiently to distinguish multiple tracks, (making the main melody much clearer while having a lowered baseline and uppertones separated on different octaves than the vocal track) and it keeps roughly the same notes per second to keep the tempo. mine also has smoother note transitions using shorter notes.
    - I'll make a better one of "trololo" because it just needs the vocals separated from non-vocals, using multiple octaves.
    - I'll make a better one of "guiles Theme", because yours is nicely simplified, but has a few important notes missing.

Thanks for including less than a dozen songs per game. The temptation is big for some games.

I advise to NOT include Touhou songs (or any song) with too many notes per second in .abc format because they can seriously contribute to server lag and (besides being noisy and easy grief tools) some extreme touhou song versions can even slow down starbound on a 3,3GhZ hexa-core with 16 GB memory in singleplayer mode alone while its busy with other things. The version included here is simplified enough but it will still slow down multiplayer servers just a bit more.

this song should be for testing purposes only and many other touhou versions with roughly 1 million notes are just too similar.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  16. miago

miago Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks for the advice ! This is what i was looking for !
    I will fix most of it like Morrowind, Dr willy, Trololo, and maybe guiles theme.
    But for theme like China, i can't do anything because the song is like that ! really !

for the 2 PvZ song i've found them on http://sheethost.com they have a lot of good piano midi who sound nice with a single instrument

Edit :
    -Trololo Song is fixed
    -Megaman - Dr Willy is fixed

(when they are all fixed i will send a fix :3)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  17. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

Oh nevermind. our trololo songs where identical.

my "street fighter Guile" version is just has 2x as many notes because I included 2 more instruments from the same midi source, making it too noisy for a solo instrument, so your version is still better for solos.

18. wyalob

wyalob Scruffy Nerf-Herder

is there a way to download this?

19. BigD145

BigD145 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some instruments to use:
    Hammered Dulcimer - Bastion Bynn the Breaker
    Accordian - Levan Polka

These sound great. Keep it up.

20. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero