1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So if an Avian and a Human DID mate...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SoopaDerpcat, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Mithrian

Mithrian Orbital Explorer

If an avian and a human mated, nothing would happen because they are not genetically compatible.
    This is nature's way of preventing freaks from being born. For example you can't mate a cat with a dog or a rhino with an elephant... at least not in reality.
    Tigers and lions can, however because they're both cats, and the result can be a Liger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liger

Jonesy and MysticMalevolence like this.
  2. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Well considering the sheer number of cross-species "hitting on" lines in the game, I imagine they've
    probably developed a way around that by this point in the future. Either that or it became some sort of
    running gag in the future.

3. Richtor

Richtor Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

I think I found your offspring...

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.
  4. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

good post imo

5. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Yeah, I never actually sat down to think about such a scenario. Now I know. Neat!

demanrisu likes this.
  6. SoopaDerpcat

So the universe is safe from Protoziggy.

...for now.

7. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

At least until someone starts experimenting with human-avian gene splicing.

8. SoopaDerpcat

Probably Expandong Miniknog

9. Starbug

Starbug Guest

How did they get round the biology of mammallian reproduction (womb) vs birds external development (laying eggs).

And this is the sort of stuff that can get your a prison sentence all over the world (even in Germany now too!)

10. SoopaDerpcat

Dude, this is a joke about all of the flirty lines Avians have for humans (and...well...everyone else I guess.)
    I'm not suggesting for you to go into your back yard and attempt to mate with a bird. Don't do that. Protoziggy
    does not need to be born. Protoziggy must not exist.

11. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

Guys and gals, all this time the answer has been right in front of us...

zero-suit-samus-metroid-other-m-statue-1.jpg

Alucard I likes this.
  12. SoopaDerpcat

That...that's actually true, I forgot that Samus was half birdman. Or something.

Better than Protoziggy I guess.

13. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Too late. I've been trying this since well before Starbound ever existed. Don't recommend birds. Too hard to catch. So I couldn't make a report on the success rate of human / bird genetic melding.

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.
  14. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Because video game logic, the offspring would likely just end up looking like one of the parents.
    Though it does raise the question if, despite their name, avians are considered mammals.

...@Starbug, that was a highly disturbing thought...

15. SoopaDerpcat

That's actually quite possible, considering they have breasts. In fact, if I'm not mistaken a little grey dot
    marks about where a nipple would be on the male model. The female model doesn't feature that for obvious
    reasons. My headcanon is that the curvature makes the feathers puff out more and conceal them.
    Since mammals are named for mammillary glands (nipples), anything with said organs would technically
    be a mammal.

I...don't think that's how the Avian species originated...I'm pretty much positive it's not.

16. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

Then they'd actually look kind of pretty. But I think the hair would be made out of feathers.

17. Starbug

Starbug Guest

You'll just have to take my word for it. There were no witnesses, thankfully.

18. SoopaDerpcat

I actually had a concept along those lines before.
    [​IMG]

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. janovick

janovick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20. SoopaDerpcat

I'm not really seeing the "human" there. If anything, it looks even more like a bird and less like
    a human than an Avian does.

Alkanthe likes this.