1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So how screwed are humans?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Noble Pigeon, Jan 15, 2014.

1. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

Except we kinda do. It's rather blatantly clear that lore points towards an experiment that Greenfinger lost and was like "Huh, so that's what happened to it... I wonder if it got bigger?"

2. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

No we don't. You can assume that but we have no concrete evidence.

Provide a source if you have proof. We just have random notes right now.

3. quantian

tentacomet lore:
    Rocks can't hurt you, right? Wrong. They could fall on your head, or roll over you, or they could be harbouring a dangerous, ravenous tentacle beast just waiting to tear you apart. Lucky you, the latter roams the Starbound universe.

Once lured in, the creature gazes upon its prey with its numerous eyes, shielded by its rocky outer casing, tentacles whipping and whirling around as it attempts to eat anything and everything in its path.

But what is this unknown beast? Some say it's an octopus in a comet. Others insist it shares certain similarities with the tentacled behemoth that destroyed Earth. Perhaps, if some renegade adventurer hadn't cut it down, it would have grown to the size of a planet. Perhaps.

Fun Tentacomet Fact: Greenfinger of the Floran was presented with a sample of the creature for study, but it mysteriously went missing. So did the next sample, and the sample after that.

Greenfinger's notes:
    Humanity fled their home planet, the one they call Earth, after a rapidly-growing beast landed upon the surface, and within no time at all, began to consume their entire world. I have no words. I did not know this was possible.

The subject has always lain dormant. For this to occur... It must be dealt with, and severely. One day I will travel to Earth myself, to see exactly what the beast has become.

edit: This is amusing considering this means the Florans are responsible, directly and indirectly, for the destruction of two homeplanets.

4. Banished

Banished Subatomic Cosmonaut

My Avali inhabited planet will backup the Space Marines against the chaos scum and the glitch supreme rulers the "Necrons" also the gigantic tentacle monster with an eye out for school girls.

After that We will go back to eating our Avalon Taco's in our underground base while growing various fruits and veg for visitor's..

We will also accept refugees.

lol thought I would join in on all the role play talk :rofl:

5. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Greenfinger is a known researcher and de facto leader of the Florans. While this is evidence it does not point towards him creating the creature.

It's obvious he is interested in the creature. It's never alluded that he created it.
    The Space Marines would probably force you exenos off the planet.

6. Banished

The Space Marines would probably force you exenos off the planet.[/quote]

Kinda funny the Emperor has been loving our hospitality so far. OMG No one knows he been here since the destruction of earth :O :p

7. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

He is on the golden throne and is basically a skeleton though. If he was moved humanity would die as they can no longer use the webway /buzzkill.

8. quantian

And I never said he created it, I stated it was an experiment. Those can be mutually exclusive.

9. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

True. I don't see anything about the beast being a experiment though.

10. quantian

He received samples, he's been observing it.

That is clearly an experiment.

11. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

It's clearly research. Experimentation could fall under that but again, never alluded.

12. quantian

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive, so not sure why you brought that up.

13. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

On topic please.

You prsented "evidence" so you can tell me why you did that and why it points to experimentation.

14. Banished

On serious note I should have studied the lore. I've played a few dawn of wars other war hammer games.

But the Avali are a meant to be the most technological advanced species could had moved him to a safe location for the humans while allowing for them to use webway etc

Because Humans arnt retards and have in the past accepted help from those more powerful (ancient times here from other human empires or kingdoms etc) and I'm pretty sure if we were on verge of extinction which in star bound they pretty much are, they would accept help from some one at the end of the day.

15. quantian

I'm pretty sure there's lore that's stated that actually keeping the Emperor alive is much worse for humanity than if he died.

16. Banished

Probably something to do with resources

17. quantian

Nah, more like he'd have become something akin to the chaos Gods, but like not warped unholy evil.

18. Paladin

Paladin Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright people, let's move the topic off W40K and back to Starbound and the USMC.

If you wish to argue on topics regarding the good ol' EoM, find a Warhammer 40K discussion thread.

This thread? It's Starbound-verse. Not W40K-verse.

cyberspyXD likes this.
  19. quantian

Well on topic, humanity's pretty screwed I guess.

New to the outer galaxy/universe

Most of their military is completely disjointed and even then there's the issue that humans are still not a united front. (If mars is anything to go by)

20. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

The Imperium only makes a temporary alliance in the most dire of circumstances.

I don't think the emperor would survive a move too. The Mechanis don't even know how to repair the throne anymore.

But who knows. Maybe the Avalii got some Aherotech or another way.
    Nope. His mind is the only thing keeping the webway open for humanity. If his light goes out transportation across systems is effectively lost.

This is getting off topic so I'll stop discussing Warhammer.

So back to what we were discussing now.