1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So how screwed are humans?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Noble Pigeon, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Banished

Banished Subatomic Cosmonaut

So on topic, it has been suggested by some1 that the humans should have shelter bases across the systems where u can trade etc with them underground bunker kind of things. I reckon this is a great idea whoever said it first I forgot but nice idea.

2. Paladin

Paladin Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually, that's what the Codex Entry "A New Policy" states. Generally, the purpose of the policy was an attempt to improve relations with extraterrestrial species.

3. Herrawesome

Herrawesome Space Penguin Leader

[​IMG]

Excuse me?

4. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Yes excuse you. This is not Warhammer.

5. Herrawesome

Xenos scum, your lot will be cleansed first of all.

6. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Too bad humanity is in a state of disaster :/

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  7. Villhelm

Villhelm Phantasmal Quasar

What?! If you had a chain-gun, why..seriously why would you need a gold hammer chained to you're wrist? its heavy enough as it is not to mention the stupidly impractical candles and the skulls that would stop you from walking through a common door never mind an enemy fortress. Funnily enough, i don't remember seeing these guys in the bunkers, i think they might of died of exhaustion before the game loaded, also in calling the RSPCO (Royal Society for the Prevention of cruelty to Orcs), you shouldn't be giving psychopaths firearms.

In the highly likely event of someone replying "CUZ ITS BADASS:lickitung::rainbowbarf::slowpoke:" getting crushed by you're own armour would not win you style points, especially if you've got a norm skeleton hanging from you're crotch.

The only thing that needs to be cleansed is you're body after its been juiced by the 30 tons of durasteel you're wearing.

8. Herrawesome

We don't get tired because we're better than you; improved with the Emperor's geneseed and his son's geneseeds.

9. quantian

quantian Aquatic Astronaut

In case you didn't know.

Starbound guys aren't

they're

10. MagusGestalt

MagusGestalt Void-Bound Voyager

Hey now the Colonial Marines purged their fair share of xenos with the best of them.

11. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Just for some clarification, we're not Warhammer 40k kill everything, we're nice guys who scream like little girls at big tentacled monsters like non-insane humans.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  12. Paladin

Ah. The USCM Commander has come at last. Think you can give us a bare minimum estimate on USCM numbers?

13. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Don't make fun of the candles, this guy spent too many of his pixels on the 30 tons of durasteel and a live-in chiropractor for his severely-crushed spine. He couldn't afford a full-blown Lantern on a Stick, so he settled for a couple of candles.

Also, when you combine the hammer and the decorations around his codpiece, you get a bonehammer.

Villhelm likes this.
  14. Hawk Novablast

Loyal surviving troops? Maybe 25-30,000? Another 10k of various rebels and traitors that abandoned humanity when Earth was destroyed.

15. Paladin

...Considering that the other races didn't have their Homeworld taken away from them (with the exception of the Hylotl) , I assume that means that we are horribly outgunned by every other race?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  16. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

Maybe, maybe not. We were the first to reach the stars, though for some unexplained reason we haven't colonized outside our own system.

I'm kind of suspicious the USCM is the legitimate successor to the old Earth government (which according to the into was unified): it may be the military branch which took advantage of the chaos to seize power, or it might be a different human faction entirely. The USCM's behavior doesn't jive with the intro's description of a unified, nigh-utopian Earth... unless it wasn't as utopian as it seemed.

EDIT: Acually, the wiki conflicts with the intro, saying that Earth was not unified. So I'll just go with "Chucklefish is making it up as they go along."

17. Hawk Novablast

Yep, pretty much.

18. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

Hey! Some of us wealthier fellows were already prospecting out here for our corporations, thank you. Not everyone is military, you know. But we still can handle a weapon, and I personally am well trained, for my staff where all with me on our business ship when that ... thing... hit.

19. Hawk Novablast

I wasn't referring to you, keep up the good work, I know for a fact you make good ships :) I was pointing towards mercenaries, pirates, crime syndicates, bounty hunters, that sort of thing.

SivCorp likes this.
  20. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

i started reading about human lore to... metal weight o.o? anyway... theres an intro cutscene if you choose to play human (you can see the pixel arts inside the cinematics folder) and earth looks... a bit... je ne sais... fucked? tentacles are ripping the planet apart, and if you have been exploring the depths of other planets, they are being destroyed (thats what it looks like to me) from the inside out... the one im at the moment has a sign right on the deepest reaches called "welcome to heck" and theres brain matter... and most grotesque hellish pixel imagination produces down there, no tentacles tho so i can only assume so much, as for the other planets that do have tentacles... they ceom fro mthe core of the planet... so i would say earth is indeed gone for good...

psst... i dont play humans btw... :p im not gonna play a game about universe exploration and be something i am 24/7...