1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

So, how much digging do I have to do?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by blazblu, Jul 26, 2014.

1. blazblu

blazblu Orbital Explorer

Ok, on this new toon of mine of the latest nightly, I've been digging for what seems like an eternity. I finally get open access to underground caverns and such and then run into another problem: ice/frozen caverns. I'm still on the starter planet and I am using all of my torches just to stay warm while I am searching for core fragments. How much deeper do I have to go? On top of that, I've been collecting ores along the way and one slip is all it took to fall to my death and lose all the ores in the process.

:frustrated:

2. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

If you're having trouble staying warm then maybe you should craft some warm clothes.
    It's only a matter of hunting some surface creatures until you build up a good stock of leather, then using the spinning wheel (loom? Cloth Workstation? I don't remember what it's called), to craft the snow clothing.

3. blazblu

blazblu Orbital Explorer

I finally found the core fragments.

4. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Caves seem to have been removed in the latest nightly build for some reason,only special things, such as ice caves/dungeons are there right now, that is why you were digging for so long, they should be back tomorrow.

5. blazblu

blazblu Orbital Explorer

Apparently, I haven't been playing the most recent nightly... Just checked with Steam and there is a new build.

6. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I have yet to play nightly. When I usually dig in stable listening to this helps pass the time.

or this

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014
  7. Flantomas

Flantomas Tentacle Wrangler

Id rather dig to a diferent version

8. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

here is a older better cover

9. spiritofcat

spiritofcat Big Damn Hero

Did someone say Johnny Cash?

Serenity likes this.