1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Smelting - Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars 1.1.12b

Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars

1. DraconX

DraconX Subatomic Cosmonaut

It would be cool if we could also melt armors and pickaxes, is this possible ?

2. Carl0sCheca

Carl0sCheca Title Not Found

You can melt pickaxes.

3. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

Excellent mod and a much needed addition to the mod community! I did a full showcase on it and showed it to my peeps on youtube!

4. Carl0sCheca

Thanks for review my mod!

5. plantice

plantice Space Hobo

i cant get it to show up in my metalworkingstation. Any ideas?

6. Carl0sCheca

Try this:

7. plantice

plantice Space Hobo

I will try re applying the beta sector upgrade and get back to you

8. Abayomi

Abayomi Yeah, You!

I used the MK2 upgrade to the beta sector, but the smelting item isn't appearing on my metalwork station/robotic crafting table . Any tips ?

9. Carl0sCheca

Have you other mods?

10. Abayomi

Abayomi Yeah, You!

I have the Fully Customizable Ship mod, the Lightdrone mod, the Tabula Rasa mod, Medical Crafting mod and Drill Expansion mod in addition to the Smelting mod.

11. mikeloeven

mikeloeven Big Damn Hero

I was wondering if it would be possible to use a dynamic typing and recovery system based on item classes.

essentially items will be allowed in the smelter by type and automatically generate a variable amount of resources by taking the crafting recipe used to produce the item and applying a random percentage to each ore involved in the crafting. additionally you could use a looping feature for advanced technology to increase the yield by back tracking the percentage through the components and components of the components until the yield is all ores.

it will probably be hard work but you'll never have to manually update a list again

12. Abayomi

Abayomi Yeah, You!

Ah, I'm an idiot.
    I placed the unzipped folder directly into the mod folder of my Starbound files. I needed to take out the folder containing the actual files and put those into the mod folder. Derp.The mod works now ^^"

13. Omekk

Omekk Pangalactic Porcupine

I've updated this to upbeat giraffe for my own personal use... Just thought I'd say so. I took out it's ability to smelt ores into their bars though... It only smelts objects and weapons down.

14. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

hope this one is updated.

15. Spizaex

Spizaex Aquatic Astronaut

Cant you upload it to dropbox?

16. Omekk

Carl0sCheca likes this.
  17. Spizaex

Spizaex Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks a lot mate. I asked because another fellow did this in another thread!

18. Omekk

If you mean the dye mod, that was me as well. :p

19. Carl0sCheca

20. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

Spotted a small exploit. Five steel chains can be smelted into 2 steel bars, but it takes 1 steel bar to craft five steel chains, so there's an infinite steel exploit in there.