1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Smelting - Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars 1.1.12b

Melt swords, shields, guns and other things into ore bars

1. tidgem

tidgem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What do you mean take the upgrade?

2. Carl0sCheca

Carl0sCheca Title Not Found

"Eat" it xD, the upgrade to go to the beta sector.

3. tidgem

tidgem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ahhh yeah after i started a new character and went there it showed up! thankyou everyone for your help!

4. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

This is an outstanding mod! However, I do have a few suggestions/potential bugs to report.

After I upgraded my iron armor to silver, I went to smelt the armor back down into iron to get my iron back...however, it wouldn't allow me to do this. The key would press but the armor wouldn't smelt. Is this intended?

Now, for my suggestion...there's a mod out there that improves the efficiency of the default smelters...however I think something like that would better suit this. My suggestion would be to adapt this mod into your smelter so that your smelter can now do the 10x conversions that the mod does (and add in a 5x one, too, imo ^^). It's fitting that a giant smelter like that would be able to smelt more bars at a time, after all. Should probably speak to the dude who made it and get his permission to adapt it first I imagine, though, heh.

On the subject of new items to add...lets see...
    Steel Chairs, Steel Crates, Steel Supports (like you find in mines, etc), Steel Tables, etc.

Thanks for an awesome mod, I'm already making good use of it! :D

5. Carl0sCheca

Armors can't be melted yet, I have to add it as soon I can.
    How it's called that mod? Or give me a link.
    Yes, I have to add more items!
    I'm glad you like the mod :)

6. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

7. Carl0sCheca

8. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

No problem, if you wanted it to have a little more 'oomph', you could also have the 'new' furnace only do 5...and then have another upgrade that uses that furnace + higher tier stuff (T3, maybe?) so you can smelt 10 at a time.

Could go to tier 4 and do another upgrade there, this time it could improve the efficiency of smelting wood to coal, etc.

There's lots that could be done with the smelter to improve it without granting it all at once. :D

Heck, the 'smelt 5 at once' thing could be a t3 thing, if you wanted.

Of course, people might expect you to change the graphic if you add multiple tiers...and I'm not really sure what you could add to do so. Only thing I can think of is one of those giant metal smelting pots pouring metal into the molds and stuff. That's a lot of work, though. =x

Thanks for adding that bit in the next update, by the way!

9. Carl0sCheca

10. SpectreOne

SpectreOne Starship Captain

Carl0sCheca. you might want to check your "updates" page. it says 1 diamond drill = 15 diamond drill

11. Carl0sCheca

Oops thanks

WoxandWarf likes this.
  12. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Ketchup Robot

Possibility of being able to smelt armors down the road?

Edit: Also noticing a lot of furniture or decorative items that are made out of metal possibility of being able to smelt these down as well?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  13. lightofthefuture

lightofthefuture Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think a more fitting name would be "Reverse Engineering."

On the other hand, I suppose you would have to give back all the raw materials that would have composed the weapon then.

Then again, the handle to swords and hammers may either be made of metal or wood. If metal, then it would be included as part of the metal that you receive, if wood, then it is burned up in the process.

I'm still sticking with it - it should be called "Reverse Engineering."

14. Carl0sCheca

15. Pisori

Pisori Space Hobo

The mod doesn't work on my ship. I can craft the furnace, but i can't place it.
    My ship is modded and bigger than the standard ship.

Am i doing something wrong?

16. Carl0sCheca

Can you put it on other place?

17. Pisori

Pisori Space Hobo

I can't put it anywhere.
    I play it on a server with a friend.
    It is working in singleplayer mode.

Do i have to install the mod on the server?

All other mods work while i only install them in the local Steam folder.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  18. Carl0sCheca

I played with the mod on a server with friends. All of us have it installed.

19. Pisori

Pisori Space Hobo

Hm.. okay let's see maybe there is some other thing wrong.
    Maybe it conflicts with another mod or so..

Thanks for your fast support. :)

20. Carl0sCheca