1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Simple Extended Character Creation Mod: Now, even easier! 1.3.3

Just a clean looking modification to the character creation screen, for custom races.

1. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Alright I will give it a go with the Lombax again. Let me just save my Oblivion.

2. Xander Kau

Xander Kau Phantasmal Quasar

The problem with the Kokido mod is it is not fully merged yet. I linked him a guide so hopefully we can get an update soon :)

3. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Does not work with the Lombax or the Argonian. Will test the Kangarru next.

4. ImpKing_Under

ImpKing_Under Intergalactic Tourist

Can I get that guide too? I'm still not sure on how to make all the race mods work together.

5. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Kangarru works. I guess it's just the Lombax and the Argonian so far.

6. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

If anyone is having issues opening the latest version (I was getting an error telling it was not a valid archive or something) then you have to rename the file from .zip to .rar and that should solve things. Apparently others have not had that issue, but I thought I would let people know anyway.

EDIT: Apparently it might be WinZip that is the issue, the others work just fine

7. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

I use 7-Zip and still get that issue.

8. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Felins also do not work with this mod. I believe Ethereal also gets the same "Client-server" error.

9. Carty1234

Carty1234 Zero Gravity Genie

Apparently this is a known issue and is because the author didn't use the __merge properly. Don't quote me on that though

10. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Ah well. Atleast we're rooting out errors~

11. espilonarge

espilonarge Big Damn Hero

I can confirm this myself as the culprit. If a config file (eg = quest.config) is still using the old configuration format instead of using the new merge/override functions, it will hijack the original Starbound configuration file and thus any other mod that requires it, causing the "client-server connection no longer valid" error.

Also a fair warning to everyone regarding player files. If you're getting a "PlayerException: No such stored player with uuid" error upon accessing the character roster when selecting Single or Multiplayer, it's because the game is trying to load the "details" from the player file but because it can't "locate" the race ID anymore due to the way the game now handles ID codes since the Angry Koala update, the game will force a crash and give you this error. I'm also not sure if adding/removing custom races will also cause this problem, just know that the game may be assigning an "automatic" ID which every time you add or remove a custom race, it could "shift" the load order of those ID's and give the error as well. The only solution that I know of to stop this error from occurring at the moment is to "delete/move" those player files (not sure if putting a race back in will solve the problem as the game could assign the race a new ID altogether and/or change the load order).

Silvestre and Kawa like this.
  12. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

How would I be able to check that if you don't mind me asking a possible stupid question?

EDIT: So if it says "____merge" instead of "initial quests" in the config I should change that to match the same?

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  13. espilonarge

espilonarge Big Damn Hero

Simple.

This is the games original "quest.config" file.
    Code:
    {
      "refreshInterval" : 2.0,
      "initialquests" : {
        "glitch" : [ "glitchtutorial.gearup" ],
        "human" : [ "humantutorial.gearup" ],
        "avian" : [ "aviantutorial.gearup" ],
        "apex" : [ "apextutorial.gearup" ],
        "floran" : [ "florantutorial.gearup" ],
        "hylotl" : [ "hylotltutorial.gearup" ]
      }
    }

If the quest.config file that comes with a mod is still using the "old" format, it would look like this.
    Code:
    {
      "refreshInterval" : 2.0,
      "glitch" : [ "glitchtutorial.gearup" ],
      "human" : [ "humantutorial.gearup" ],
      "avian" : [ "aviantutorial.gearup" ],
      "apex" : [ "apextutorial.gearup" ],
      "floran" : [ "florantutorial.gearup" ],
      "hylotl" : [ "hylotltutorial.gearup" ],
      "kangaru" : ["kangarututorial.gearup" ]
      }
    }
    With the Angry Koala update, it should now look like this instead.
    Code:
    {
      "__merge" : [],
        "kangaru" : [ "kangarututorial.gearup" ]
      }
    }

Silvestre and Kawa like this.
  14. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

So should I change the mods to the old quest config or everything else to the new config? Because my starbound quest.config and the elf/kangaru mods use that style and work while the new style and other mods don't.

15. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You change the mods to the new config, and leave the one in assets alone.

espilonarge likes this.
  16. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Alright I will give that a try.

17. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Tried it. The Kangaru and Elf mods are the only one able to work with this mod currently. Atleast on my end. The Lombax, Argonian and your Felinds mod still aren't loading up for me when I create that character. I might have made a mistake somewhere.

18. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Considering the Felins are already __merge-adapted... maybe?

19. Xander Kau

Xander Kau Phantasmal Quasar

I have a pastebin link on my mod page that you can check out, which has everything the modders should need. I think argonian is only missing one merge file. Everything else should be fine

20. KuroErin

KuroErin Star Wrangler

Before touching any other mod I looked through them all with notepad++ and noticed that the Elf mod and Kangaru mod were both in the same old style as well. I started up the game and could play as either or but none of the others I installed.

After changing the code with the Elf and Kangaru they still worked and I didn't touch the others because they were already the new format. Yet they still don't work for me. I must just try a fresh re-install.