Ship upgrades and some new shots of the office

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

mollygos submitted a new blog post:

Ship upgrades and some new shots of the office

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  2. Zouleena

Zouleena Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for the updates, as always- and responding to our desire for the ship upgrades. The fact that you're needing to put such work into them means that they will be worth it in the end, and the photos we've already seen reflect that. Unfortunately I can't see the images from work, but will have a gander when I'm home.

And... pink, really? heh heh. :)

3. The Chucklefish office is looking super kawaii. Have fun with the decorating!

Jonesy, Serenity, Yzzey and 3 others like this.
  4. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

New office is looking nice!

Ramones_fan and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  5. Antidote_Orange

Antidote_Orange Void-Bound Voyager

I spy a piece of poop on a laptop screen.

6. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

It.. reminds me of a kindergarten setup. Not an office.

Bright chairs, colored mats, squared off storage for junk. This wasn't just a debatable waste of money.. its a fashion disaster.

Serpensio, Sartorius, Madzai and 6 others like this.
  7. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice office! I did notice that there was no starbound decor in there

"Hello AdenSword,

We've decided to take a more ~*kawaii*~ approach with Starbound, so we've changed the theme to match the new aesthetic. We hope you like it! (✿◠‿◠)"

I don't mind it but I prefer the old style. Just wondering, can I change it back?

8. SleepySquidd

SleepySquidd Tragically Magic Hands

You must not see a lot of game dev offices.

9. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

KevinFragger2427 and TheRoachMan like this.
  10. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

Well, you aren't complaining about the new Kawaii format for the forums....

11. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Because you can change the forum visual preference in your profile. Had it on the old style since they changed it as a very lame April fools joke for awhile now.

12. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

A humble start for the office. Video game studio offices are alway the best looking one from what I've seen until now. Must be all the artists working in the place, they would not be happy otherwise.
    Going to try out the new directional weapon soon. I might try to give some feedback after.

Serenity and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  13. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Thanks for the update. Even if it's not the news we wanted to hear, it's the news we needed to hear! This allows me to yet again procrastinate moving everything off my ship!

VexingKitten, Serenity, MrRex and 3 others like this.
  14. liack

liack Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whatever sparks creativity? We aren't talking about a data management firm or a bank...But, I'm a programmer, not a fashion designer, so I might be biased...or unbiased...

15. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Honestly how we spend our money is none of your concern. Continuing to derail threads with non-constructive negativity won't be tolerated any more. You've been warned.

16. Aghork

Aghork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

love this corner with the 4 red chairs. looks like a thinking corner... or a penalty corner...

oh - and the pink is great! goes with my fins :)

TheNightOwl and KevinFragger2427 like this.
  17. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I really like the new forum theme. It goes really well with Asthon's profile pic of the thing in the skull in the pink dress pooping rainbows. This will bring many more people to starbound.

EDIT: PENALTY CORNER?!?!?!? WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT! MUST BUILD ONE ON MY SHIP! BE PENALIZED, SILLY ASEXUALLY REPRODUCING DOCTORS!

(It's... a long story.)

18. Ludovic

Ludovic Giant Laser Beams

I won't mind the wait, take all the time to polish to your liking :)

Though if I can asks by curiosity, how will ship upgrades be handled? Will it be a Crafting-related thing as it is currently with the starmap upgrades(which I believes are due to be eventually phased out, if I heard you well on progression mechanics?).
    Or will we instead have to go find something like a Shipyard or Outpost to get the ship retooled/repaired/upgraded/(insert term which applies best)? I assume that while the former might leave it up more in the players' hands, the later on the other hand feels like it might add more immersion.

19. Aghork

Aghork Scruffy Nerf-Herder

would love that!!!

20. Hebephryo

Hebephryo Phantasmal Quasar

I like those pale green walls.

P.S. I hope you'll add schoolgirl vanity set to the game.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Serpensio and KevinFragger2427 like this.