Ship AI (Artificial Intelligence) as Guide and Virtual Assistant

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Gene, Sep 30, 2013.

1. master1237

master1237 Big Damn Hero

But you forget. Navi was made for new players to the game so obviously anytime you start over on the game you will get treated like a new player. And still Navi wasn't that bad you guys just over exaggerate.

2. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Yea, so they should have made an option to disable Navi's incessant babbling for 2nd time players. Or for players who figured out how to lift pots on their own. Navi is hand holding at it's worst. In all honesty, it really wasn't that annoying.. But it was still pretty goddamned annoying. And this discussion really should have ended about 15 years ago.

3. master1237

master1237 Big Damn Hero

Like I said Navi really wasn't that bad she talked once every 5 minutes. And if she was hand holding at it's worst then god help you with some games.

4. Must. Have! Very interesting idea.

[​IMG]

:p

I especially like the detail that the AI would be different depending on the ship/race. ^^

linkthegamer likes this.
  5. Pseudoboss

Pseudoboss Spaceman Spiff

I like the idea of being able to talk to your ship.
    Perhaps you can tell it "Yeah, yeah, I know, you don't have to tell me everything" and it'll shut up.
    I think it'd be fun to have an AI that you can upgrade as your ship gets bigger. Depending on your AI settings, (found in the star menu) he/she/it might develop more of a personality. While at first it looks and feels like a program, so you'd have no guilt in shutting it off and junking it if you don't want it. You could also upgrade your AI to be more likeable, personable, and useful (though, depending on your settings and conversation, you can tell it to not talk to you unless you talk to it, just like a normal NPC.)
    Doing so might give interesting unlocks, allow for certain items to be crafted that weren't craftable before, and manage ship functions, like any other NPC.

6. Avialle

Avialle Void-Bound Voyager

I dont know what kind of monitor you own, but on my monitor i can barely see what you write.. not only because the font is so very small but also because its dark on dark.
    I have to mark your text to be able to read it and because we are here in the suggestion-forum i would suggest to think about your personal style of posting. No offense!

Have a nice day. :)

On Topic: I like everything that adds to the atmosphere and i can imagine that it would be cool to have a AI, maybe you could turn it off if you dont like it or decide if you leave it on the ship or take it with you. On the other hand it would probably take to much time and energy to create a believable not annoying AI.

Clockwork likes this.
  7. kreekgod

kreekgod Phantasmal Quasar

the simplest way to solve the problem with an annoying ai is..... the ability to turn it off

8. El Barto 227

El Barto 227 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like this idea. And yes, the ability to turn it off would be nice for those who don't like it

And I actually found some of Navi's hints helpful