1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion Server Update Script on Startup

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Recolance, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Recolance

Recolance Astral Cartographer

I wrote a script for linux users so that their server will auto update whenever they turn their server online through ./launch_starbound_server.sh. I hope to put this into an auto restart script aswell so that the server will auto reboot every 4 hours and attempt to find an update. Leaving server owners at least able to manage updates when they are asleep or away so they can make sure their server is updated with an auto reboot script. Here it is, if you want to use replace your launch_starbound_server.sh with this, also replace the directory names if they are not the same:

#!/bin/sh
    while [ true ]
    do

cd /root/SteamCMD
    ./update_starbound.sh

cd /home/starbound/server/linux32
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./ ./starbound_server

echo "Server Restarting"
    sleep 2
    done

2. Recolance

Emote got the linux 32 bit.. just replace it with "linux 32" (no space between x and 3)

3. Ejdied

Ejdied Space Hobo

hey uh would you happen to know how to just manually update your server on say windows?

4. Recolance

I wish I knew what to tell you although I have no clue. I THINK it is done automatically with your game install update although I am not sure.

5. Ejdied

Ejdied Space Hobo

hmm np im sure ill figure it out haha

6. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

For windows just let ur game update via steam