1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

SECRET AREA DISCOVERED!! Boar Beach

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vahnkiljoy, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

So, during my stream before work, I paused at an area in the Ancient Valley to welcome a viewer and when I resumed I was transported to this new area, which had a unique looking baby boar, upon killing it it dropped an item that DOES NOT show up in the main menu inventory, woot for discovering new things!!

http://www.twitch.tv/vahnkiljoy/c/2477962

I would imbed but it doesn't seem to like me, enjoy though!

Ok, WHY are the forums trying to force it to be an inbed OF MY CHANNEL? I'm trying to LINK to the damn highlight...OK, just highlight and copy/paste, seems the forums are trying to force things I don't want to happen.

DaviDeil, Noc, zmann and 3 others like this.
    • Knight Wing

Knight Wing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Vahnkiljoy likes this.
    • Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Ah thank you kind sir, yeah, not all that good with forums sometimes, but this would be the first time it tried to force imbeds I know back when I first initially made my stream thread it just plain posted the link with no forced imbedding.

• Biomatter

Biomatter Subatomic Cosmonaut

Haha, very cool! Nice lucky find :)

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

rofl omg, that's awesome. :rofl: Hopoo just gained, like, five thousand internets for throwing in secrets that aren't in their patch notes, that makes it even sweeter. AWESOME find!

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

I agree, now to ponder on WHAT that big portal looking device is on the same map that is in the bottom left from time to time. :ninja:

Roy_Cliff and Rawrquaza like this.
            • Ifrit

Ifrit Starship Captain

Well that's just awesome!
              I wonder, dose going there give you a 'new' level 3 or is/was it the same?

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

It was just basically BACK to a new level 3 after it, I don't remember I THINK the bridge on the one after the secret level had a connected bridge while the one before was broken. Either way it was awesome would be badass to get hop in here for a comment, I found your secret! I'll find them ALL!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :devil:

• zmann

zmann Void-Bound Voyager

Lol, talk about a huge Maplestory reference. Didn't notice at first, but I realized as soon as I saw that item description. Oh god does that bring me back.

AbeX300 likes this.
                  • Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Hah is that what it is referencing? Cute, wish I knew anything about Maple Story as that reference just goes fwoosh over my head other then the fact that it's funny.

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Aww, man, it's so cool, can't realize that this level popped up exactly on someone's stream, not in a some guys random playthrough.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I didn't really see what you did when you managed to enter the level, do you remember what that was? Either way that is an amazing find. I wonder what other kinds of secrets have been put into the game already o3o

• Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

I just recorded a great run where I figured out how to get in, it'll be uploaded maybe tomorrow? You just have to find the picket fence/bushes background element and stand in front of it for a while without shooting, as far as I can tell. Pretty neat area. :)

Draken09 likes this.
                          • Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Yeah basically, where the video started was just either before or just after I paused the game to greet a viewer, when I unpaused and walked forward then, poof off I went, as you could tell by my reaction, I didn't know wtf had just happened. :laugh:

• Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Holy crap!
                              This is a homage to an old map called Pig's Beach in a huge MMO called MapleStory that i've played for YEARS and still do.
                              This was used to be really scary for new players and everyone around because of a single boar among pigs that had
                              an armor that killed almost everyone if it spawned.

Are you kidding me? That's freaking hilarious and awesome!
                              Let me find an old map.

Wow holy crap this is so amazing...

Video:
                              Map: [​IMG] Compare it with the video.

Iron hog: [​IMG]

I need some dev here to talk about this because this gave me goosebumps.

EDIT: Omg even the boar in the video has ''Dodge'' everytime.
                              The scary thing about this boar from MapleStory was that nobody could properly hit him
                              Everything was always ''Miss'' this is just to amazing.

And even the name below it ''Simpler times''

• Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Haha, that is awesome thanks for the info on that venom and explaining what it was all about, hilarious.

Masterrulax and bounding star like this.
                                • Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

This goes back like 5 years or even more.
                                  I started a conversation with hopoo to see what he has to say about this.
                                  He really put in every little detail and I thought it was amazing. I posted this on two known MapleStory sites and everyone thought it was incredible.

• Vizjun

Vizjun Starship Captain

Seems like you can only access this area once per playthrough.

edit : nvm, just do as in MapleStory : press Up Arrow when you're standing on the bush.

Draken09 likes this.
                                    • Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I think I found something else in terms of a sort of secret area. I haven't seen it discussed here before and since I wanna keep some of the fun in the game for people who don't wanna see it spoiled, I propose anyone interested adds me on skype. It's not a whole new level but it could be interesting either way. My skype name is ilovemadnesscombat, display name should be Stijn Köster and the picture the same as my avatar here. Just mention you're from this forum and I'll add you no problem.

• Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

Burby is right, there's definitely another one. There just doesn't seem to be much of anything there as of right now.

Edit: The other is also not actually another level, just a secret area in an already existing one.
                                        Edit again: NEVER MIND THERE'S DEFINITELY SOMETHING THERE.