1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[sbuniverse.net] Starbound Universe: Painstakingly Mapping the Stars

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by stumblinbear, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just to ask, is registration borked at the moment? I flipped the login screen to the register screen, put stuff into the registration screen, but the submit button won't do anything.

2. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

Odd... What browser are you on?

3. Aroxys

Chrome, at the moment.

4. stumblinbear

I changed some stuff. Could you try again?

5. Aroxys

Had to jump around browsers for a bit, and it got oddly case-specific about my e-mail address but it's working now.

6. stumblinbear

Hmmm... What do you mean by case-specific? ._.

7. Aroxys

Oh, just whether a given letter was upper-case or lower-case. Some verification systems get really picky about that.

8. stumblinbear

Incomprehensible chanting... Hah! I have successfully resurrected it! :zombie:

Anyway... I've updated the site to reflect the new version, as well as switching to mysqli. :D (If you find anything wrong, tell me... I'm still a bit new to mysqli. Though, it's not much different, the syntax may be off in some places. Should be fine though.)

I may or may not have also fixed up the pagination a bit. Lastly, I added this little guy [​IMG] to tell you when a coordinate is for the current stable version :lickitung:

Till next time! :geek:

The | Suit likes this.
  9. stumblinbear

Updated a few more things. Added a notification thingy. Now that annoying message box doesn't show all the time. Now it's an annoying notification!
    And achievements! WOOO!! (Yeah... You've all wanted this.)

10. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

So where's the mod that scans the current planet as we're running along and compiles all the information so that we can upload it easily (or even real-time)? :p

11. stumblinbear

That. Is such a good idea...

I'm just gonna... Look into that...[DOUBLEPOST=1422676725][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, bewarned: I'm adding achievements for almost literally everything you do.

12. stumblinbear

Thinking about making the site remove unverified accounts if they aren't verified after a week.

13. stumblinbear

Sooo. Apparently there was a bug with submitting planets. Why did nobody tell me about this!? :lickitung::scissors:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  14. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Okay, you do realize that OS and bit depths matter right? Even if you're on the same OS, if one's 32-bit and the other's 64, there's going to be very different universe generation and coords on one likely won't be compatible with the other. It's also kinda pointless to keep planets from old versions, since those versions are no longer normally available. If you're insistent upon keeping those, you may wish to omit them from search results unless specifically searched for, that way people hunting for a world are more likely to get relevant results.

1nfinitezer0 likes this.
  15. stumblinbear

Ehhh... I got the OS on there, but bit-depth completely slipped my mind.

That isn't a bad idea. .-.

Updated to support those suggestions.

16. stumblinbear

So uhhh. Some downtime the last week or so as I'm switching servers. The dedicated that I ran all my sites off of was starting to break the bank.

So, I'm getting a new server, probably Friday, then the DNS should percolate by the end of the week!

17. stumblinbear

Server is up, but I'm splitting the database and sql server. So, gimme another day and we'll be square. xD

18. stumblinbear

I have taken down the site due to it not gaining enough attention. I can't pay for the server without people visiting, and alas, that has not happened enough. I've been paying out of pocket lately, but it's become too much. I can't pay for something that receives so little attention... Compound with the fact that I don't rightly play starbound much anymore and my interest in keeping the site maintained has turned less fun, and more of a chore.

Sorry if you used it, I may start it back up again in the future.

NerArth likes this.
  19. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I probably speak for a lot of people when I say: Thank you for the work you did on this for so long, it was a very nice site.

I hope Starbound catches your interest again around launch. I guess even if it doesn't, we'll still have an example of a good coordinates site to go off of.:D