1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[sbuniverse.net] Starbound Universe: Painstakingly Mapping the Stars

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by stumblinbear, Dec 7, 2013.

1. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]

Please post a comment to keep this thread alive! :DD

[Scheduled Downtime until Friday!]

Hello people of Starbound! Starbound Universe is a website I have created for Starbounders, like yourself, so you can see and search a large list of coordinates quickly and easily! Use this list to find the perfect planet to live, or PLUNDER!

I have updated my previous coordinate website to be easier to browse, more functional, and a new domain name! I migrated the old site's database, so all the ratings and coordinates should still exist. You can also delete coordinates now! Unfortunately, this means that you must create an account. But, it's advantages far outweigh the negatives! WOO!

In the future, I am going to add a songs database, it'll include a web preview of the song as well(hopefully in each instrument). Shootin for the stars, lets just hope it's possible.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to post on this thread as much as you like.

[​IMG]

http://sbuniverse.net/

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  2. zothaq

zothaq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some of those are wrong.
    One world said there was an apex village but there wasn't.

Elate and Serenity like this.
  3. Wuzzin

Wuzzin Master Chief

Each planet is randomly generated for each universe, so these are inherently going to be misleading :(

Serenity likes this.
  4. zothaq

zothaq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, every planet is the same for everyone.
    However, loot and items dropped from enemies are random.

Biirdy Daysleeper and Serenity like this.
  5. stumblinbear

Could you tell me which ID was wrong so I can fix it?

Serenity likes this.
  6. Passage

Passage Space Spelunker

Would you mind adding an explanation of how the search is supposed to work? Trying to search for an alpha sector with "tech" in the description returns a MySQL error. Is that a formatting issue on my end or a serverside glitch?

7. stumblinbear

Made it list coordinates in descending order. Rather than ascending. Now newly added coordinates are shown first.

8. stumblinbear

That was my bad, fixed now :D

9. stumblinbear

Fixed a bug with your search not staying after pressing next.

10. stumblinbear

You can search biomes now :3

Don't forget to post coordinates for me to add to the site :D

11. Grand Barbu

Grand Barbu Space Hobo

I made a post with the same intention here but the coordinates i got were from a youtube video. Nice idea of making a website but i hoped greater share of information on mine and keep it in the forum with regular edits....

My starting planet coordinate:
    sector:alpha solar system:Alpha Theta Crb 9770 Planet orbit:2nd Planet system:the little one on the left biome:forest
    x:-89433322 y:96981189

there is a medieval avian village on the left of the spawn

i digged all around the planet just over lava and didn't found titanium or platinum or any more valuable material...
    only coal, copper, iron, silver and gold.

Edit: its a level 1 planet and its a forest biome

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  12. stumblinbear

Thanks for these :D
    Do you know the Biome and Level it is?

13. stumblinbear

Changed up the site a bit. Uses analytics for tracking rather than a custom one.

14. Gopstop22

Gopstop22 Space Spelunker

i just got gravity bubble and with that i can fly nonstop its OVERPOVERED LOL i love it!!!!

p.s. Beta Aten 24 i d=planet name

x51436716 y-12836070

p.s.s. ENJOY

Grand Barbu likes this.
  15. stumblinbear

Do you know the biome of this planet? And where di you find it?

16. Gopstop22

what do u mean by biome? oh i think i know the star name it self well its Beta Aten 24 so to all summarize

sector=B

Star name=Beta Aten 24

cordinates x51436716 y-12836070

planet name=Beta Aten 24 i d its level 15

from spawn point go left like 30seconds and u gonna find high tech chest on ground and there it is u can fly infinite i dunno if its meant like that cuz it dont drain your energy

p.s.s. lol found ANOTHER tech ""morphball"" at same exactly location/star only the planet name is Beta Aten 24 i c its level 20 planet....DAT luck for me...oh yes from spawn point go left again just go go go till you find big tech lab..go in and there is thing "'eletricity chalenges u need do to get to chest"" warning you cant use morphball and gravity bubble together very dumb thing....to use morphball press F also update your cordinates about my post :)

Grand Barbu likes this.
  17. stumblinbear

Shameless bump.

18. Gopstop22

u still havent updated your info about my post :(

19. stumblinbear

I didn't? Oh, sorry about that. Didn't see it there xD. Fixed :3

20. Gopstop22

why biome unknown? whats exactly is biome also the i c is level 20 and i d is 15 ;p and both biomes are Jungle please update last time ;p