1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[sbuniverse.net] Starbound Universe: Painstakingly Mapping the Stars

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by stumblinbear, Dec 7, 2013.

1. stumblinbear

stumblinbear Cosmic Narwhal

Finished up the submission system! Go to the site and press "Submit Coordinate"! They will be put into a database for later review :D

Don't be shy, submit some!

2. SamV522

SamV522 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah - I've gone through a couple co-ordinates now and it seems where there are meant to be facilities and villages etc there aren't any. Perhaps that has something to do with the way the planets are generated or something? Or they could just be wrong co-ordinates. Perhaps a way to leave feedback on Co-ords, or even a peer review system, requiring a couple positive reviews for a co-ord to be posted before mod/admin review?

3. Grand Barbu

Grand Barbu Space Hobo

Website is down... :(

4. stumblinbear

That was odd, it appears to be back up. Also, with the last few submissions, it appears that the approval system was putting founder in where biome should be. Sorry about that, its fixed now.

5. stumblinbear

Once I have enough money, I'll buy a domain for the site. In the mean time I'm using cu.cc, and they require updating of the URL every now and then.

6. Grand Barbu

Grand Barbu Space Hobo

Please add the coords i added to my post here to the database: helpfull coordinates
    People seems to use both our post tread so i think we must help each others out.

Coreyjdixon likes this.
  7. stumblinbear

Made the site look a lot more Starbound-y :3

8. stumblinbear

9. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll explore in my spare time filling in my travels. Do you only want planets with dungeons/villages and ones with good chests only? Or do you want all teh planetz?
    Example
    Alpha garz II b
    123456789 987654321
    Jungle
    Decent amount of ore no known settlements.

10. stumblinbear

I may add a sub-category just for planets with nothing special :3
    But, no, not at the moment :3

11. Xanslayer

Xanslayer Void-Bound Voyager

Are the coordinates on your site still up to date?

12. Passage

Passage Space Spelunker

Unless someone has the pre-patch universe seed saved, we don't know. Even then, it might have changed-- the only way to find out is to try them.

13. ninta

ninta Intergalactic Tourist

I've actually seen plenty of people ask around for a planet with a certain color of dirt, sky or vegetation (tree with roses/eyes for example) to make their home on.
    might not be a bad idea.

also seems some planet entries got loot in the description but loot is not determined by planet coords and can be different from 1 player to the next. recording this seems useless.

14. Soulie

Soulie Aquatic Astronaut

X sector coords will no longer work, since they've been bumped to the 5th category. There's now a Delta sector in between them.

15. Wizaerd

Wizaerd Astral Cartographer

All these responses and nobody has mentioned that the link is broken. It works if you copy and paste it, but the actual link is missing the colon :)) between the http and the double slashes...

16. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

Just a Note from what I learned, High-tech chest locations might be the same, but the tech inside isn't.

Btw I found a Wizard that sells stimpacks and a wizard hat:

Sector X
    Coords: X=59877390 Y=-70634405
    X Lilith 1294 II b
    Biome: Forest

Go Left until you find it, you should meet about 2 houses on the way and maybe a gravestone.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  17. stumblinbear

Migrated the site to a new location, press the image in my signature or the link in the post to get there :3

18. stumblinbear

Bumpity bumpity bump. Wow these forums go by fast.

19. Vincent Valcroft

Vincent Valcroft Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if its just my lack of understanding, but no matter what I search for, only one result is coming up. Did your database get wiped out, or am I just doing it wrong?

20. JohnnysBigDay

JohnnysBigDay Seal Broken

You broke it, Jim.