1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

WIP Save Editor discussion

Discussion in 'Other' started by ThisGuy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Blizzrdball

Blizzrdball Void-Bound Voyager

Awesomeeee, no worries I suppose. I deserve it for not backing up. Plus it was only a T1 item.

Thanks for the response!

2. Zanarok

Zanarok Space Spelunker

So um.. I used the editor (http://c4isbad.com/starreader/) and I only changed the pixels and the description of the character. I saved, I replaced the file, and when I entered the game it just didn't show the character at all in the list. I uploaded the edited save again and the editor recognized it, so I guess it's not really broken. I know that it's my fault for not backing up but can someone please explain why this is happening?

I'll upload the character file so you can have a look at it.

Attached Files:

3. Zavod101

Zavod101 Phantasmal Quasar

Tried to edit a gun's projectile type, from "flame" to "fast", received a "no such player stored at such id" or something like that.any tips?

4. wizzomafizzo

wizzomafizzo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the save files there are several special numbers stored telling Starbound how large that section of the file is. It sounds like StarReader is not recalculating one or more of those properly, you'll just have to wait until it's updated to support this. It should still be okay to use but there are rules to what will not corrupt:
    • Any text changed (description or item options) must be exactly the same length as before you edited
    • Any number you change that started below 127 (like item count) cannot be set any higher than 127
    • Any number you change that started above 127 (like pixels) cannot be set higher than 16383