1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Sandstorms

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jackbho, Dec 22, 2014.

?

What do you think sandstorms should do?

Poll closed Dec 22, 2015.
  1. Do small amounts of damage

21.1%
  2. Cause slowness when walking against it

36.8%
  3. Both

42.1%
  4. None of the above/other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jackbho

Jackbho Orbital Explorer

Sandstorms currently don't do anything, which is kind of weird. I think if you walk against the sandstorm, you should move 20% slower than normal, and that this mechanic should apply to monsters and villagers too. maybe taking a tiny bit of damage when your walking against it could be a possibility, I still don't know if that would be a good idea or not.

2. Exxil3d

Exxil3d Scruffy Nerf-Herder

slowness would make more sense, however that would be incredibly annoying. i think it would be better to do small damage over time unless you have the right equipment.

3. SqualidMisnomer

SqualidMisnomer Pangalactic Porcupine

I think the slowness is a good idea - adds to the realism.
    Perhaps 20% would be a little too slow, however.

Maybe 10% slower when walking against it, a 5% faster when walking with it?

I personally feel that taking damage would be more frustrating than walking a little slower. However, both would be annoying if sandstorms were common. As long as they're not too common I feel this would be fine :)

Jackbho, Greatblackshark and Exxil3d like this.
  4. Arkax

Arkax Scruffy Nerf-Herder

maybe they should damage you
    maybe they should start to play Darude - Sandstorm when you enter on an sandstorm

Jackbho and Exxil3d like this.
  5. Exxil3d

Exxil3d Scruffy Nerf-Herder

actually, the movement alterations being different going with or against the sand is a better idea. it doesn't put you in an inescapable movement hamper.

6. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

[​IMG]
    Sandstorms already do minor damage in the Stable builds.

7. Jackbho

Jackbho Orbital Explorer

Oh yes, walking with it! Good idea. Sandstorms are as common as rain, but usually pass much faster.[DOUBLEPOST=1419266131][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh. Sorry, I'm on nightly![DOUBLEPOST=1419269366][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Oh. My. God. FANTASTIC IDEA!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2014