Digital Sabboth's art thing!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Sabboth, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Sabboth

Sabboth Zero Gravity Genie

Hey everyone, this here will be the start of an art thread and also my introduction thread because I actually refused to create an account on this forum until I made a piece of art based on Starbound. I wanted to bring something with me! I've been following Starbound development and I'm super excited for it, I really really want to play as the Avians. So on that note, without further ado, here is my digital fan art of an Avian!

[​IMG]

I wanted put an Avian in more spacey futuristic clothing since they're most seen in their native attire. And of course, any player playing as an Avian will be space traveling. So I like to imagine that this is how my character will eventually look once the game is released. :D

Hope you like it!

2. Vespers

Vespers Pangalactic Porcupine

O-O No words can truly help me describe this... So instead, I shall give you a 1up.

Somebody... Call Star Fox. we found something cooler looking.

3. Sabboth

Wow, thank you! :)

4. Run Juan Run

Run Juan Run Big Damn Hero

DAS CRAZY GOOD
    seriously though, das...crazy...good

5. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Yeah, my first thought was starfox. Good job dude, would you take a request?

6. TenaciousTinkerer

TenaciousTinkerer Cosmic Narwhal

Wow that's friggn amazing, have my like :DD

7. Sabboth

No requests at the moment, it's hard for me to find the time for art as is due to college.

8. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Now that's something good. :eek:

9. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Okay, I just hope you will make more art.

10. Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

11. Vespers

Vespers Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't help, but to come back here and just stare at him... oh he's just too cool.

o-o ~jiiiiii... must build temples... HE IS MY NEW MASTER!

12. Sabboth

OH GOSH, TOO KIND.

I might need some help thinking of another Starbound picture to draw. :p

Vespers likes this.
  13. Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

You should...

Draw some Otters... IN starbound :D!

14. Sabboth

I have the strange feeling that you play Second Life and are an... OTTER.

15. Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

Correct. Associate myself with furries, yes, am I an otter? yes. Do people need to draw more otters? YES :D

16. Sabboth

I've long since left the whole furry community, about 3 years ago if not 4 actually, due to personal disagreements with the community at large but I won't deny that I mainly started drawing because of furries (and VGCats huehuehue). But you remind me of my best friend, who's still a furry. He's switched his species like a bajillion times and he was an otter for a pretty decently long amount of time. :p

I still don't mind drawing anthros! My last name means wolf, I've always liked wolves!

And as for my next drawing? I've been chatting with my girlfriend, if an aquatic race comes out for Starbound she wants to play as them. I'm probably gonna draw my Avian dude and my gf as one of the aquatic race doing something silly together. :p

Huntrex likes this.
  17. Huntrex

Huntrex Big Damn Hero

sounds good to me... and I used to change it a lot too, but Then I thought otter one day and I've been an otter since.

Sabboth likes this.
  18. You good sir, are amazing.
    I've always had problems when it came to shading. I could never get the colors right, I couldn't do anything fancy, etc.
    How people like you even know where to start baffles me.

19. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

The majority of the furry community is absolutely terrible, Despite being one myself I also choose to not associate with most of them, barring a few friends and a couple other artists.
    Things really went downhill when MLP became popular...

Sabboth likes this.
  20. Sabboth

Well it takes a few years and a bunch of passion (if you're self taught, like me. Classes can speed things up a bit as long as you're open to some criticism). But it's not out of anyone's reach.

I think the best advice I can give in terms of techniques is don't try to be a hero. Study other artists works, and look at reality. Pulling it out of your own head doesn't validate it any more than if you did a still life. Not saying that that's what you're doing, but I found myself doing that very thing a lot of the time, probably still do. And never ever step back, put down your pencil, and think "Yeah, I'm awesome, this is as good as it gets". If you think you can do better, you will.

Vespers and Huntrex like this.