Modding Help Request- How do I install ILC (ILikeCheating) on Mac?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ochanto, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Ochanto

Ochanto Void-Bound Voyager

I have a Mac. I have Starbound, and I play it regularly. I saw the thread for a mod called "ILikeCheating" and I said to myself, "hey, by the looks of it, that tops the Creative mod." I downloaded the mod and followed the installation process properly. However, with the mods in my mod folder the result was fatal. Whenever I booted up the game it crashed instantly, like trying to make a chain reaction of Dominoes outside on a windy day. I put the mods back in the folder they came from when I downloaded the mod in the first place and then booted the game up once more. The result was less than fatal. In fact there was no result at all. I compressed the file and put it back into the mod folder and the same result followed. Being frustrated by how much time I put into trying to figure this out, and by the fact that it took so long to boot the game up, I am requesting your aid here. Please, if anyone here is experiencing the same problem and has fixed it, please tell me how you accomplished this. I'm really looking forward to this mod. Also, if there are any coders interested, here's a dropbox file containing my crash reports if you can decode them. I hope to shake the hand of the person whom has helped me.

Dropbox - Starbound Log Files - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nga4q6ka256p6q2/AACPvR1bP4XwPBM4-ZeMgY-Ea?dl=0

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  2. Olxinos

Olxinos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you describe more accurately which mods you attempted to use on each launch?
    From what you said, i'd say:
    1 : everything (especially creative mode/ILC)
    2 : everything but ILC (creative/...)
    3 : everything but ILC (creative/...) with a zipped ILC

After reading the 5 starbound.log, i'd say:
    0 : seems to run fine, i assume it's before the problem (Starbound.log.5)
    1 : missing "Creative Mode" and "neko" mods (Starbound.log.4)
    2 : same (Starbound.log.3)
    3 : missing "neko" (not critical), "Creative Mode" used, seems to run fine (Starbound.log.2)
    4? : same as 1/2 (Starbound.log.1)

I have some difficulties telling which is which (by the way, what do you mean by "no result at all"?).
    Plus, creative mode has been updated to unstable so it's difficult to reproduce (edit: no problem running ILC alone btw).

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  3. Ochanto

Upon the event of posting this, I'd recall that the Creative Mode mod has never crashed. And the neko mod is probably in there. I recall it being a pain to install as well.
    I ran ILC with no other mods installed. I myself do not know which log is which. xD
    By "no result at all" I meant nothing happened, and it was like the mod wasn't even in my mod folder.
    I had another mod like ILC which I tested, but crashed just like ILC did. That might be the cause of one of the two of logs 1 and 2.

4. Olxinos

Olxinos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry not to answer sooner (i'm quite busy currently, exams :/).
    Unfortunately i can't say you much more than Tuesday except that it sounds like a bad idea to remove mods like creative mode when you don't clear your player files (or at least, that's what the log let me think) and i don't really have the time to test it myself right now (plus i'm not even sure i can get the enraged koala version of creative mode anymore)
    Here's some experiments you could do in order to get it working:
    - if not already done, try to not remove the others mods when adding ILC
    - backup your universe and player folders, remove them from the starbound directory, then try to run the game with only ILC installed
    - backup your universe and player folders, remove them from the starbound directory, then try to run the game with ILC and Creative Mode installed
    - with your universe and player folders, try to run the game with no mods
    If the first one works... well problem solved (but i guess you already tried that). If the second one works, then the problem is probably caused by either another mod or a combination of ILC and another mod (if it doesn't, then that's ILC, but it works for me so i suppose it won't happen). If the third one works, then the problem is caused by your player and universe files (but that shouldn't happen if the first one doesn't work), if it doesn't then ILC+Creative Mode is the problem (and you should either modify them so that they are compatible, either try to uninstall Creative Mode). If the fourth doesn't work, the problem is caused by removing one of the mods (probably Creative Mode) and you should look for a clean way to uninstall it (or if impossible, start over with new player and universe files).

The | Suit and Dunto like this.
  5. Ochanto

Ah, got it. ILC functions finally. Thanks!