1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding version 1.0 and ETA for next patch

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lazogna, Aug 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoehead

Shoehead Turbonerd of Scaremonies

The Valve guys show up every once in a while but it's very rare. Usually we only realize when they've banned people without telling us

Serenity likes this.
  2. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Are they allowed to do that?

3. Tremoraid

Tremoraid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would imagine that since they own the steam forums they would be allowed to ban those that break their steam forum rules.

Boshed, Jbeetle and Serenity like this.
  4. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Just wanted to update you incase you didn't see the post

Lazogna and Starbug like this.
  5. Voqar

Voqar Industrial Terraformer

The way this game is (not) updated continues to boggle the mind. When I first bought the game it was updated daily, sometimes multiple times daily. Now it's updated....never. Unstable hasn't been updated in months. So you can play the nightly (super unstable) or you can play a very old game and just read about all the cool stuff that may get released some day. Or I guess you can do what I do and just not play and wonder how things went from being awesomely good early on to what we have now. It would be ok to updated more frequently. Really, it would. The few babies that cry about broken saves can just get over themselves.

Nimeni, SolarDwagon and Pingeh like this.
  6. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Not this again. Look, the daily updates were mostly art assets and such. It broke mods like crazy too, because mod authors had to constantly update a lot, and the lack of detailed changelogs made it almost impossible to find out what was causing crashes.

Serenity likes this.
  7. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Yes, @Shoehead - I'll be happy to do the moderating, (moderately!!) on steam..

First order of business will be finn , shoehead, molly and omni banned for life.

That it would be chaos.. Just how we like it :)

I better get a "joking" disclaimer in here in case people think I'm being a jerk :p

Serenity likes this.
  8. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Yeah then people wanted bigger updates that took longer. So they are making bigger updates that take longer. I understand your frustration but either way you still got a full copy of the game on release and they are just doing what the people wanted.

Starbug likes this.
  9. Shoehead

Yeha I don't think flip flopping is the answer to this.

Serenity likes this.
  10. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

how about flop flipping?

Serenity likes this.
  11. Shoehead

I'm listening...

Serenity, Dust, Casmyr and 1 other person like this.
  12. Lazogna

Lazogna Contact!

Yep yep, just saw all this. Thanks for clarifying @GeorgeV. I consider this to be good news.

It was the weekend so I understand, but the clarifying took just long enough to probably stir the pot a bit.[DOUBLEPOST=1409615709][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Please no. The attraction of Steam (for any game) is that users are free to ignore nonsense at their leisure without a bunch of older brothers deciding when conversations are over.

I'd rather ignore jackassery than have it ignored for me is all.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
    Serenity and Pingeh like this.
  13. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I thought the attraction of Steam was it was a digital distribution platform that allows people to play games that might not otherwise see the light of day, or the insane sales (like 90% for big games and such during a holiday season) and the notion that since it's tied to an account, you never have to worry about losing an install or play disk.

14. Lazogna

Lazogna Contact!

Perhaps for you it is. The attraction of steam for me is the existence of a community for all of these games that is mostly self-moderated.
    I actually only started using steam because I was impatient for DRM-free Starbound. I'd ditch the program completely if I could, but would still probably use the forums.[DOUBLEPOST=1409618861][/DOUBLEPOST]For anyone who doesn't do the steam thing @mollygos shed more light on this clarification.
    Thanks Molly.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  15. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

at least it's only one big one
    The attraction of Steam, yes. The attraction of Steam Forums, though, seems to be that it's a clustercluck with barely any moderation. This is a general SUF statement, not a starbound SUF one.

16. Kreq

Kreq Phantasmal Quasar

A whooping 97.5%, if your hypothesis is right. Just gonna drop it there, won't say anything more or i might get banned for sneezing :D

Hefeweizen and Pingeh like this.
  17. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

We're not that mean over here. I think the main reason so many bought it was because of that massive sale during Christmas. I remember it being like, at least 75% off I think.

18. Starboundcommunity566

Starboundcommunity566 Pangalactic Porcupine

19. Dust

Dust Giant Laser Beams

some damage control may be in order, that news of next update being 1.0 is spreading like wildfire at the moment, and @GeorgeV has already said once on this forum that I am aware that this was miscommunication. I'm not going to open up my email inbox to even more spam by joining another forum just to make 1 post though.

Serenity likes this.
  20. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

Sadly there are people that are like: Starbound is dead because the stable build isn't being updated anymore, I want to complain how much chucklefish stole my money and ran off with it.

The nightly build gets updated everyday. A dead game implies that it no longer gets updates and no more future dlc. If the stable build had an update every day, it would be just as buggy as the nightly build give or take. Sorry if I sounded rude, I had that on my mind for a while...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.