Red Space Monkey Contest Entry - The Throgs

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by Red Space Monkey, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Red Space Monkey

Red Space Monkey Phantasmal Quasar

I give the developers of Starbound permission to use these ideas, even if I won't win. If you choose to draw inspiration from my entry or add parts of it into the game, please notify me, that's all I ask. Thank you in advance!
    [​IMG]
    ------------------- And as a little bonus, some additional sprites! -------------------
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yttsae, Dawn, RedRiderX and 31 others like this.
  2. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I freaking love their powerforks and the whole concept presentation is well-made.

3. Red Space Monkey

Thank you. :) I really love how the forks came out too. Maybe, if I get bored other the next weeks, I will add a vehicle and other weaponry.

4. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh yes, please do. This concept sure have a lot of potential to be a Dev's Pick. Keep up the good work!

5. Red Space Monkey

Well, seems like i got bored quicker than I thought. :D Here's an updated version with the mentioned frying pan and a vehicle. I also fixed the shading of the throg and thinned the blue lines a bit more.

6. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

RSM, this is really cool.

7. Shub

Shub Void-Bound Voyager

Nice work here.

8. Autoantitheft

Autoantitheft Void-Bound Voyager

such presentation! :D :cry:

9. Kelp

Kelp Big Damn Hero

Red Space Monkey... I'd say it was more of a Red Space Pig! Alright, jokes on your name aside this looks to be a good entry, very detailed and it seems familiar. Reminds me a little of Eggman to be honest :geek:.

10. Red Space Monkey

I had a red monkey as avatar first, but he looked kinda awkward...So now he got replaced with a throg. =D

Thank you, I hope to improve it a little more till the end of the contest. Some tuning needs to be done here and there. ^^

11. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Great pixel art you put my entry to shame

12. pheonix1901

pheonix1901 Zero Gravity Genie

Haha I like it! great pixel art! I need to take some pointers from you! I would love to see these as NPCs in the game!

13. Red Space Monkey

It's not all about the visual aspect, creativity and an original concept is worth something too. :) So don't be demotivated, take your time to work on your entry, no reason to hurry.

Serenity likes this.
  14. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

One word. EPIC

That must of taken you god knows how long. I like it anyway
    Seriously, it's amazing dude, one of my favs!

15. Red Space Monkey

Honestly, it was done rather quick. :oops: I was very motivated and inspired, so I guess this somehow gave me a great boost. ^^

MrTasty likes this.
  16. Яetrospekt

Mine took me 30-60 mins :(

Then again you must be some talented professional! Seriously It's amazing quality and idea. Props to you sir!

17. Red Space Monkey

:eek: I'm rather new to pixel art, but I have much experience with graphic software in general, so this helped me big time. But I'm far from being a professional, but I'm really proud how this came out. ^^ Stop making me blush. :D

MrTasty likes this.
  18. Яetrospekt

I mean what I say. It's amazing. For a newbie pixel artist. (Much like myself) Since you described yourself as one ^_^

Keep it up bucko!

Red Space Monkey likes this.
  19. Omnom18

Omnom18 Void-Bound Voyager

Took the time to read this now. Is absolutely brilliant and quite funny. If this were a public voting contest, you'd probably have my vote. :3

20. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

I kinda figured the thing in your avatar is what you made. =P Definitely a fantastic spriting job, you have some real talent with it. I like the idea of having an intelligent race of pigmen, especially since pigs are highly intelligent anyway.